• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Played a fair bit against England in the last couple of years haven't you?
Yes though tbf* I don't know if we can blame England for it as we were doing this in Sri Lanka in 2012.

Seems a no-brainer to try to get the new ball changed these days if you don't like it, unless umpires decide to put a stop to the practice.

* or we could not be fair - Broadsfault

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Good off-cutter that. Probably a leave-able line but it's tough with the bowler bringing it back in, gotta pick those from the hand.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Oh ffs. Should be leaving that, not poking at it. Tired shot. Again, good length bowling. It didn't really do much but enough. This is trouble.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Oh ffs. Should be leaving that, not poking at it. Tired shot. Again, good length bowling. It didn't really do much but enough. This is trouble.
it was actually very smart bowling - he scrambled the seam to go across him when he was expecting the outswinger coming into his pads. He's very good at disguising it.

He's done it to Ponting which ended in Punter actually walking for an LBW.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think he picked that. If it was the stock ball it would have been driven reasonably safely. He could have driven it later and under his eyes though, looked to be reaching a bit.

Ideally he would have picked it and left it.

Flem274*

123/5
Well the seam movement is long gone but there's good bounce. This is the sort of pitch Gillespie would enjoy had he been in form and there was room. I think bowlers on both sides need to be careful to use the back of a length and short lengths sparingly though otherwise the batsmen will get used to it. I think Best fell into that trap yesterday.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well the seam movement is long gone but there's good bounce. This is the sort of pitch Gillespie would enjoy had he been in form and there was room. I think bowlers on both sides need to be careful to use the back of a length and short lengths sparingly though otherwise the batsmen will get used to it. I think Best fell into that trap yesterday.
Best just doesn't have much else in his arsenal. He needs to be part of an attack with good swing bowlers or at the very least bowlers who can maintain a good line and length.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man, McCullum is so bad with his reviews (fielding ones, I mean). Calls for it when he shouldn't; decides not to when he should. Must have one of the worst success rates of any captain around.