• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You what? They'd love it.
Just think of the money to be made !!
what? really?

I know there's a fair chunk of Indians in Australia and England (and probably other countries) but I hardly think they alone would make an IPL hosted in those countries that lucrative

edit: Actually now that I think of it the tv viewing alone (from India) would be huge (assuming that profit goes to the hosts?), even if no one goes to the games

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
if they are getting rid of the CT why not do a t20 super tournament instead of a mini-IPL

-either eight or sixteen teams and a full draft where national ties don't matter, with contracts for only one year (with teams given first pick of retaining players, they go to the auction again next season if not retained)
-knockout
-hosted in a different country every year
-fifteen games in total, so realistically you could do it in the space of 10-12 days
-"national ties don't matter" as in since it's an ICC comp rather than say an Australian comp there is no obligation to have x players from the country

Burgey

Young bloke had his first preseason academy session today for Parramatta. Comes out of the Nets having not batted too well and says "That old bloke reckons I need to stay more still when I'm batting instead of moving around."

"Fair enough, you should listen to him I think, you were moving around a bit".

"Yeah. I've seen him before but I don't know if he knows what he's on about"

"Probably worth a listen."

"Why?"

"It's Doug Walters mate".

"Oh. Was he any good?"

"Ummm, let's have a little talk mate".

Midwinter

State Captain
Young bloke had his first preseason academy session today for Parramatta. Comes out of the Nets having not batted too well and says "That old bloke reckons I need to stay more still when I'm batting instead of moving around."

"Why?"

"Oh. Was he any good?"

:)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Watching Sky do a brief rerun of England's win in Karachi got me wondering how many currently active players have 'in Pakistan' in their statsguru career breakdown?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Without checking individual pages I can only think of about a dozen who might - Cook, Anderson, Samuels, Amla, De Villiers, Steyn, Dhoni, Mathews, Herath, Younis, Misbah and Hafeez.

A lot of high profile retirements in the last three years really cutting that list down. Not many players left from the mid 2000s.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook has not played in Pakistan. Last time England toured Pakistan was in 05 and Trescothick was still playing. Neither has Samuels.

Daemon

I'm thinking Shakib and Mortaza must have played there at some point. At the very least a few ODIs. Also fairly certain some of the Zimbos have been there. Chigumbura, Utseya, Mazakadza etc.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cook has not played in Pakistan. Last time England toured Pakistan was in 05 and Trescothick was still playing. Neither has Samuels.
You are correct. In fact my list was mostly wrong. To statsguru!

~

I reckon this is the full list of players who've played Tests in Pakistan and are still playing them:

Mohammed Hafeez
Younis Khan
Misbah Ul-Haq
Rangana Herath
Hashim Amla
AB De Villiers
Dale Steyn

And those who've been dropped but as far as I know haven't retired from Tests

Umar Gul
Mohammed Sami
Robin Pietersen
Lakshmipathy Balaji
Parthiv Patel
Irfan Pathan
Yuvraj Singh
Dilhara Fernando
Farveez Maharoof
Ian Bell
Liam Plunkett
Harbhajan Singh
RP Singh
Faisal Iqbal
Fidel Edwards
Dinesh Ramdin
Ajantha Mendis
Jehan Mubarak
Khurram Manzoor
Tharanga Paranvitana
Sohail Khan
Thilan Thushara
Abdul Rehman

Spikey

"Why?"

"Oh. Was he any good?"

Seems like this is on you tbh