• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're all terrible, but it's Sehwag, so they're brilliant by default. :)

Heboric

International Debutant
Wow I have never seen / read about this happening before in an international match - jeepers

O'Reilly to Devnarain, 6 runs, and South Africa Women pinches out a dramatic win here, required three, got six with a wild throw from the fielder at sweeper cover. Devnarain comes down the track and O'Reilly greeted her with a back of a length ball on off which was thumped over the cover region. The fielder at sweeper fumbles and throws it wild. Devnarain and Klaas had ran across for two by the time the sweeper fielder recovers and adding more misery a wild throw from her, ball races away to the fence.

From this match:

1st T20I: Ireland Women v South Africa Women at Dublin, Aug 1, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Shady Slim

International Coach
here is a statistical analysis of batting positions i felt like doing just out of curiousity (was thinking about it earlier) in terms of 50s to 100s:

players in the batting position one have scored 1336 50s and 649 100s, which works out to a rate of .4858 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position two have scored 1256 50s and 536 100s, which works out to a rate of .4268 hundreds/fifty
(openers together have scored 2592 50s and 1185 100s, which works out to a rate of .4572 hudreds/fifty)
players in the batting position three have scored 1350 50s and 737 100s, which works out to a rate of .5459 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position four have scored 1393 50s and 726 100s, which works out to a rate of .5212 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position five have scored 1305 50s and 584 100s, which works out to a rate of .4475 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position six have scored 1078 50s and 378 100s, which works out to a rate of .3506 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position seven have scored 867 50s and 197 100s, which works out to a rate of .2272 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position eight have scored 505 50s and 79 100s, which works out to a rate of .1564 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position nine have scored 237 50s and 15 100s, which works out to a rate of .0633 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position ten have scored 66 50s and 4 100s, which works out to a rate of .0606____ hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position eleven have scored 18 50s and 0 100s, which works out to a rate of 0 hundreds per fifty

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
here is a statistical analysis of batting positions i felt like doing just out of curiousity (was thinking about it earlier) in terms of 50s to 100s:

players in the batting position one have scored 1336 50s and 649 100s, which works out to a rate of .4858 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position two have scored 1256 50s and 536 100s, which works out to a rate of .4268 hundreds/fifty
(openers together have scored 2592 50s and 1185 100s, which works out to a rate of .4572 hudreds/fifty)
players in the batting position three have scored 1350 50s and 737 100s, which works out to a rate of .5459 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position four have scored 1393 50s and 726 100s, which works out to a rate of .5212 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position five have scored 1305 50s and 584 100s, which works out to a rate of .4475 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position six have scored 1078 50s and 378 100s, which works out to a rate of .3506 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position seven have scored 867 50s and 197 100s, which works out to a rate of .2272 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position eight have scored 505 50s and 79 100s, which works out to a rate of .1564 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position nine have scored 237 50s and 15 100s, which works out to a rate of .0633 hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position ten have scored 66 50s and 4 100s, which works out to a rate of .0606____ hundreds/fifty
players in the batting position eleven have scored 18 50s and 0 100s, which works out to a rate of 0 hundreds per fifty
And it makes perfect sense. Number 3 is the best position to bat to get a hundred followed by number 4. No wonder most of the batting greats are in those places.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find it interesting to huge gap between 1 and 2

Is it rule you generally put the better of the 2 openers at position 1?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I find it interesting to huge gap between 1 and 2

Is it rule you generally put the better of the 2 openers at position 1?
1 is usually the more experienced / senior opener I think. Cook for example always batted at 2 when Strauss played, but has gone to 1 ever since.

Hayden is the only player I can think of that preferred to play at 2 for their whole career.

vcs

Haha, I'm sure Hayden is having a blast, enjoying the Madurai and Tirunelveli nightlife. :p

On a side note, I hope this happens.

They should name all the teams of some domestic T20 competition after dinosaurs. Also make them wear scaly uniforms of the corresponding color/texture. I'd follow that league.
Delhi Dinos IMO.
Tamil Nadu T-Rexes.
Rajasthan Raptors
Saurashtra Stegosauruses
Punjab Pterodactyles
Bombay Brontosauruses
Tripura Triceratops
Vellore Velociraptors
Allahabad Allosaurs
Trichy Triceratops
Tirunelveli Tyrannosaurs
Saurashtra Sauropods

A bit Tamil Nadu centric, but a small price to pay for alliteration, IMO.

TheJediBrah

And it makes perfect sense. Number 3 is the best position to bat to get a hundred followed by number 4. No wonder most of the batting greats are in those places.
Yeah, or more accurately, most of the batting greats bat at those positions because they are important positions

1 is usually the more experienced / senior opener I think. Cook for example always batted at 2 when Strauss played, but has gone to 1 ever since.

Hayden is the only player I can think of that preferred to play at 2 for their whole career.
I can't think of anyone either.

Taylor/Slater used to rotate, then when Hayden/Slater briefly played together they did the same thing before Langer came back and was more than happy to take first ball every time. I much prefer to take this first ball, but I can see the logic behind wanting to have a look at what the bowler's doing first.

In ODIs too Gilchrist always took first ball when he was with Hayden.

Last edited: