• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
By good spinner in the Lord's Test, do you mean one that can score a fourth innings century? Otherwise that's a fairly lengthy bow you've drawn.

Give Ish a couple of years to learn his trade at FC level, rather than blooding him way, WAY too early and we might have one. History tells us that's unlikely to happen. Heaven forbid we get as bad at managing spinners as our trans-Tasman brothers
Yep, our wrist-spinners through history have been pretty **** eh?

The problem with 'blooding' Ish at FC level is that he really won't learn a whole lot, international cricket probably the only place he is gonna develop

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
For strawman - boult has tightened his line to monimul
Heh. Cricinfo has started with the commentary now. So your comment earlier on the slips was because Mominul edged Boult between them - sigh.

Pleased Anderson keeping it tight so far.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This thread keeps coming back to the topic of our bowling attack. I think realistically in these conditions our wicket-taking was always likely to rest in order upon:

Boult
Williamson
bangladeshi indiscipline
attrition
the new ball
Yuss, score 1 for bangladeshi gifts

Half a point for Anderson for keeping it tight making that pie even more tempting

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yep, our wrist-spinners through history have been pretty **** eh?

The problem with 'blooding' Ish at FC level is that he really won't learn a whole lot, international cricket probably the only place he is gonna develop
If you're averaging 50 in FC then clearly there's a reasonable amount to learn there. NZ domestic batsmen aren't exactly ace against spin

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but you're also playing on pitches that don't give you much, from what I've seen all NZ spinners have pretty high FC averages, at least playing in different conditions would help a lot I'd have thought

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah, but you're also playing on pitches that don't give you much, from what I've seen all NZ spinners have pretty high FC averages, at least playing in different conditions would help a lot I'd have thought
I'd like to believe that, but most NZ spinners have high averages because they're not very good. The only good one we've had in Vettori is also by no coincidence the only one to average under 35 for a substantial period, so I think the disadvantage of the pitches is pretty evenly cancelled out by the inept batsmen.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson bowling quite well to Shakib according to cricinfo.

Is Bartin bowling at all better than yesterday? (yesterday overs 2 and 3 that is)