• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
They would be keen to play, but not if they are not going to be paid at all. I don't believe players have been paid for the Indian series yet. If the players aren't paid by Monday, there's a good chance that the test series will be cancelled. I'm sure the Zimbabwean players aren't wanting or have no intent to put out the Pakistan players, but a line has to be drawn in the sand at some point. Hopefully ZCU will does as they promised and pay their players.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
tough times need tough measures, I spose the Zim board need to realise at some point that they have to pay their players properly, and the only way they will is if the players refuse to play

smash84

The Tiger King
what kind of pathetic RR is 3.71 after 27 overs :wacko:

It is the Pakistan players who don't deserve to be paid

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfo is unreadable at times when Pakistan is playing, so much Misbah bull****, almost every piece of commentary feedback is about him

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Poor way for Zimbabwe to bow out with a series on the line. Pakistan to their credit bowled really well and deserved the win. Only real positives out of the game from Zimbabwe's prospective is that Chatara looks like he'll play Jarvis' role in the team and be the backbone of the bowling attack. Also Waller finding some form with the bat after a horrible Indian series was good to see. I thought 260 was gettable for Zimbabwe but the batting display was horrible.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Graeme Cremer has made himself unavailable for selection in the test series if it proceeds. I would imagine Utseya or Mushangwe will be the spinner

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Cremer was a leaker anyway, but has this got something to do with him possibly trying to find an overseas gig?

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
He was a leaker but he was also a wicket taker. At least compared to Utseya, Mushy and the other one. As far as I know he hasn't secured an overseas gig yet. Just refusing to play until he gets paid for previous series and until he can secure his finanical future. Whether that's with Zimbabwe or elsewhere I can only wait and see.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah, but with the spinner it's probably better to just tie up an end against Pakistan, it's the fast bowlers who will pose the greatest threat, still a concern for the board though

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
The first test will go ahead without Williams and possibly Taylor. Williams because he hasn't been paid and Taylor because his wife is expecting to give birth. After the board promised to pay its players by today, they have again failed to do so stating that they promise to pay the players before the start of the next test (I don't believe they have any intention of paying the players). This is beyond a joke. The ICC need to step in and either remove Zimbabwe's funding which goes straight into the pockets of corrupt administrators or take control of the funding and pay the players themselves. This simply can't go on. It's a circus and an embarrassment to international cricket.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan batting first. Would expect they should only need to bat once looking at the teams if they can score 450+.

smash84

The Tiger King
nice jinx :p

hafeez gone already.........i wonder why we fail to find any decent batsmen in Pakistan

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I honestly think Hafeez should be dropped from the test team, terribly player outside the SC, Tuafeeq Umar or Jamshed need another go

ajdude

International Coach
initially thought that was outside the line, wasn't, but something looked off about it