• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
It's been ages since I've closely followed Zimbabwe match, but Zimbabwe, you've earned my attention now. Now get younis and polish off this frail Pakistani batting lineup.

If zim win this test, jagu should do a troll press conference demanding that everyone thank the bcci for saving zim cricket and thereby promoting the general welfare of the game lol

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I know it's a little early to break out the bubbly, but Zimbabwe really should win this. Nip out one of these two in the first half hour tomorrow and I'd wager on Pakistan not managing another 50 runs. From their Zimbabwe would have to bat really badly to lose, and I just think this team, with guys like Waller and Hamilton, are better than that. If they do get over the line, it will be a fairly momentous achievement. Beating a (more or less) full strength Pakistan side will stand alongside the other great days in Zim cricket, and it might help them push for more 2-test home series v the major nations in future.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Shafiq is a fine batsman, it's going to be hard to get that first wicket tomorrow, I'm still backing Pakistan to win this

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
he was their best bat in SA, that is one example but he'd done well against SL away before that

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, seems to have a pretty solid record against everyone save the West Indies (and that was a while ago now).

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I wouldn't want Zimbabwe having to chase more than 200 batting last on this pitch. The first session this morning is going to be critical. If the bowlers can remove Khan and Shafiq and then finish of the tail better than the first innings I give Zimbabwe a chance. If they let these two bat until lunch I think Pakistan will take the match out of Zimbabwe's reach.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shafiq out bowled from the first delivery he faced today! Gun, as I had him for scoring under 46.5 or something like that..

smash84

The Tiger King
Can Pakistan make 300 in this innings? I am not sure if the pitch really is deteriorating that quickly for spin to really take effect on the 5th day

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are numpties on Cricinfo commentary going on about declaring with over a day left when the lead was below 300?

Oh wait never mind, it's Cricinfo, got it.

smash84

The Tiger King
Why do I get the feeling that if Pakistan win the match Ajmal won't get the MoM award even if he takes a 10 fer