• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They're currently $18m in debt atm and I don't know whether scheduling series with countries not named India, England or Australia even gets them a profit.
England and Australia wouldn't turn a profit either (not that they tour..); the entirety of Zimbabwe's funding comes from ODIs against India (Tests against them would also return a loss) and ICC grants. Playing games against other teams actually costs them a lot of money before they even think about paying the players match fees.

There was a lot of optimism about the franchise domestic system when it came in because they sold TV rights to do it to SuperSport in South Africa; that was huge. They got over-ambitious with the overseas signing for it though and it didn't really rate so they ended up blowing all their money on domestic T20 franchise contracts and the associated advertising for that competition.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So would you cut them or would you let them soldier on?
As I said before, I don't think there's any point letting them play Tests at the moment when there's a realistic cap places on how good their players are allowed to get before they get signed up by overseas clubs. This Test has been great but even if they win; there's never any scope for real improvement when any decent player produced is essentially promoted from the Zimbabwean national team into the legitimately professional cricket world.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Chigs should really start thinking about teeing off. He's got his eye in and with only Pany and Chatara left he might as well try for some quick runs

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yessss Zim scores over 317.5 - thought 37 runs with 3 wickets remaining wouldn't be that hard for them.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Zim would still be very pleased with a 78 run lead, lucky Pakistan have Ajjers Ajmal!

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
78 run lead is decent enough for Zimbabwe so long as their bowlers can replicate their effort in Pakistan's first innings

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Zimbabwe want any chance of winning this I reckon they need Pakistan 3 down by the time Pakistan are in the lead.

smash84

The Tiger King
this is quite embarrassing, while I'm rapt for Zim, I actually feel bad for Pakistan, it's not like this is a second string team either
Don't feel bad for us. We have a habit of plumbing some real lows. We lost series to Zim and SL at home in the mid 90s when we had some really stellar players :p

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, another wicket soon and the game is almost over. 25-3 is a pitiful start when you are behind in a game. Can't expect Ajmal to score bonus runs again to give himself a chance with the ball.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Misbah will dig them out of this, Zimbabwe will fail in the chase and Misbah will get no credit at all.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Misbah will dig them out of this, Zimbabwe will fail in the chase and Misbah will get no credit at all.
Quite possibly but Ajmal is the likely guy to win it for Pakistan so will deserve any credit if they do come out of this with a win. Right now they would take a target of 150 to have a slim chance and hope Zimbabwe choke but even that looks a long way off.

Flametree

International 12th Man
These two + Asad to get them a big lead, 300+. Zimbabwe to come close and go down guns blazing like they did vs NZ....

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking a little ominous for Zim, lots or runs to get for Pakistan but the tide is slowly turning