Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCCI attempts to find a new way to block DRS

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar

BCCI attempts to find a new way to block DRS

aka bcci are still evil

Controversy as cricket electors change votes | Columnists | BDlive

The one area the BCCI has not been able to control is the vote of the game’s most important stakeholders — the players. Up until now, that is.

Playing conditions, proposed law changes and everything else to do with what happens on the field is debated by the ICC’s cricket committee, on which the players have two representatives. They are Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara and the president of the Federation of International Cricketers Associations, former Australia spinner Tim May.

Those men were elected by the players from around the world through the votes of their Test captains.

The BCCI recently put Laxman Sivaramakrishnan up as a candidate to stand against May. Nine Test caps and 16 one-day internationals suggest there is nothing wrong with the man’s credentials as a cricketer. Except that he is employed by the Chennai Super Kings, the Indian Premier League franchise owned by the BCCI’s president, N Srinivasan.

The players of the world, judging by their votes, were unimpressed. When the confidential votes of the world’s 10 Test captains were voted, they numbered 9:1 in favour of retaining May. It was then that the BCCI started work.
    Controversy as cricket electors change votes | Columnists | BDlive
    Last edited by Spikey; 30-04-2013 at 05:58 AM.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

State Vice-Captain
    ****ing hell. Why is there so much politics in sport these days.
    ATG World XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. W.R Hammond 5. G.S Sobers 6. M.J Procter 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. M.D Marshall 9. S.K Warne 10. M. Muralitharan 11. G.D McGrath

"these days", lol

Oh for the unblemished years of the Imperial Cricket Conference
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    "these days", lol

I was just too ignorant to see it before

I would have thought the BCCI president owning one of the IPL franchises would have been bad enough - but there's always worse to come where Indian politics and cricket are concerned.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    "these days", lol

BCCI are more hilariously evil though. Its like they take the piss. More trollish than the last few centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yea, in game of thrones speak, BCCI are Cercei rather than Tywin. They think they're smarter than they are, but really they think tactically (and badly at that) instead of strategically - seem bent on how they can come out ahead and show everyone off in one particular situation rather than thinking about long term consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Jesus, I know the Saffers love their conspiracy theories but, I have to ask, where's the substantiation for any/all this? This article is basically trolling.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 30-04-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Also if this is true, I don't think this has anything to do with DRS - at least not centrally. It'd be a nice side effect but there is no chance of anyone forcing BCCI to use DRS unless they want to, so it doesn't matter who the representative is. I think they feel slighted and embarrassed that their candidate lost by a vote of 9:1, and they want to send a message.

Which is worse. I think people are naive if they think BCCI gives a **** about any one particular cricketing issue. They care about maintaining their financial and governing power. Getting their favorite pick voted down is a public embarrassment - and there's nothing BCCI punishes harder than people who 'go out of line'.

International Debutant
    Well isn't there proof that the original count was 9-1 and the recount 5 all? I mean why a recount when the original vote was a landslide? Which country's board would push for their man and a recount? Why is Laxman standing at all: He's clearly conflicted. Which organisation is best placed to influence Laxman?

At the moment this is less a conspiracy and more a conflict of interest. There should not have been a recount. In fact Laxman should not have even been a candidate meaning the 2 should present holders should have been re elected unopposed.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 30-04-2013 at 08:48 PM.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    I think it's high time that someone remade the film Lagaan but featuring the BCCI as the equivalent of the massive ham-acting evil British colonial.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yea, in game of thrones speak, BCCI are Cercei rather than Tywin. They think they're smarter than they are, but really they think tactically (and badly at that) instead of strategically - seem bent on how they can come out ahead and show everyone off in one particular situation rather than thinking about long term consequences.
    Look I like GoT but this is going too far. Pull your head in.

Perplexed that they've not pushed Sanga for it. I like man's batting, but his utter greed for Indian money would soon land him in BCCIs lap.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Look I like GoT but this is going too far. Pull your head in.
    I'm comparing the selfishness, not the whole murder thing .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information