• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I were a gambler, I'd be calling fix as Mumbai's decisions were so bad as to defy belief

That was a match that should never have been lost by the Indians

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
How many games are Mumbai going to loss before they realise Ponting isn't a very good 20/20 batsman? I know there was only a few balls left but Harbhajan ahead of Oram O.o
Think that's more indicative of just how **** Oram's been for the past few years.

Satyanash89

Banned
LOL@ Manjrekar first of all for calling it the DLF IPL,... can Pepsi sue him ?
And then for telling Kohli "it feels wonderful watching you"... creepy bastard :laugh:

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Gayle is the Man of the Match: "I might come out swinging early in another game. I needed to stay there. The ball was seaming around. The key was to put up a partnership with Christian. If I was bowling offspinners I'd probably take 4 for 10 runs because I'm the best offspinner around!"

Agree??

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If I were a gambler, I'd be calling fix as Mumbai's decisions were so bad as to defy belief

That was a match that should never have been lost by the Indians
who ever makes those dodgy crucial decisions year in year out needs to be investigated

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Think that's more indicative of just how **** Oram's been for the past few years.
Indeed. I was surprised to see him picked up at the auction, then shocked to see him picked in the team.

Didn't see Mumbai's innings but I thought their bowling was pretty poor. Lots of ill directed balls - wide and down leg side.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Gayle is the Man of the Match: "I might come out swinging early in another game. I needed to stay there. The ball was seaming around. The key was to put up a partnership with Christian. If I was bowling offspinners I'd probably take 4 for 10 runs because I'm the best offspinner around!"

Agree??
He's obviously joking.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, typical MI and their **** decisions, not sending Pollard in early, then sending Harbhajan instead of Pollard, bowling Munaf in the final over was pretty dumb as well.

kingkallis

International Coach
Lol, typical MI and their **** decisions, not sending Pollard in early, then sending Harbhajan instead of Pollard, bowling Munaf in the final over was pretty dumb as well.
Did you watch the game? They didnt send Harbhajan ahead of Pollard, ffs!

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Don't mind the fact that Harbhajan went in ahead of Johnson and Oram. Harbajan's T20 strike rate is far superior.

Scaly piscine

It was Rayudu coming at 5 that was the killer blow I think. 18 off 18 in the last 6 overs isn't good enough in that situation.

Stapel

International Regular
OMG @ Sachin and Ponting opening the batting. Genuine jizz moment.
I like the idea thay can actually score at a healthy run-rate without scoring too many sixes.
Fifty runs in 7 overs for the first wicket is not that bad in reply to 156. Sachin and Ponting did set a fine platform for others to see MI home. The others simply failed to do so.

Scaly piscine

The problem is more that Sachin and Ponting didn't go on and accelerate. They aren't really capable of 150+ SR once they're 'set' (I don't mean the whole innings, just from the point they're 'in'). The start was fine - much better than the opponents. But really they're going to need to aggressors coming in at the other end playing around them.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It was Rayudu coming at 5 that was the killer blow I think. 18 off 18 in the last 6 overs isn't good enough in that situation.
It seemed to be a tough pitch to come in and score quickly. Even Gayle and Karthik started slowly. That being said, Johnson did bowl like a boss.