• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

stumpski

International Captain
I know anything goes n Brighton these days but that's really taking the, er, mickey.

Seriously I suspect it's not the end of the matter as far as Sussex are concerned. Expect him to cop a ban for that. Out of character tbf, but very disappointing all the same.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
James Vince taking a real liking to McClenaghan. Gone for 34 off his first two.

The big Kiwi's action for his effort ball gets a tad elbowy too. Never clocked that before.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This game is already over. Hampshire easily the best team in the tournament from what i've seen and read. Notts the only team likely to run them close.

Chapple a marvel still bowling 85mph+ at his age.

stumpski

International Captain
Carbs is a treat to watch when in this mood. So unlucky to be a contemporary of Strauss and Cook, but every generation has players like that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has there been any indication as to whether England players will be available for their counties on Finals day? Falls in the middle of an eight day gap between the fourth and fifth Tests, and, depending on the results of today's and tomorrow's game, could affect Pietersen, Broad, Swann, Cook and Anderson, for starters. Whether they should play is another matter, of course.
Notts with Broad and Swann would have an incredible side.

They really need to sort the scheduling so that English internationals actually play in the T20 cup.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd call Carberry up for the ODI series vs Australia tbh. World Cup's only 18 months away, allows you to rest some of the batsman and helps build a squad that has a reasonable amount of experience.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Got to play in the twenty20 games against Australia at the very least.
Lumb and Hales have hardly had bad tournaments tbf.

Need to make sure we're not being too Sky commentaterish right now. They're are a heck of a lot of opening options for us in the shorter formats.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lumb and Hales have hardly had bad tournaments tbf.

Need to make sure we're not being too Sky commentaterish right now. They're are a heck of a lot of opening options for us in the shorter formats.
Yeah they have gone fine but this is far from a one off, he has failed once all season in this tournament. Then his pro40 form has been insane for the last two years. Of all the options not currently in the England squad he is by far and away the stand out.