• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent from Dawson, really found his role in the one day side. Fairly poor from everyone else though.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Meschede the wrecking ball destroying Derbyshire. Will be a big win for Somerset if they can get over the line. Bad news for Surrey.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Compton just passed 50 as Somerset are cruising to a win. I still think he should be opening for the ashes but looks like the tide is going towards Root.

theegyptian

Don't know if any of you watched the ecb highlights of the first day of the derbysomerset game but man that wicket was green. Alfonso Thomas got a couple of deliveries to do ridiculous things.

Jigar fighting hard for Leics.

stumpski

International Captain
Essex want 157 to beat Leics with, presumably, around 35 overs to get them. A promotion for Napes could be on the cards ...

theegyptian

If Jordan is still in form and fit come the end of the season I'd definitely be calling him upto the England ODI team for the games against Aus. Plenty of bowlers can take wickets on green wickets in good conditions but Jordan has showed this season he can take good batsmen on good wickets bowling mid 80's. Done well in OD cricket for Sussex this season. Good fielder and lower order batsman. Who knows whether he will play for WI or Eng though.

stumpski

International Captain
I assume that Jordan would rather play for England, he lives here after all and a cap for West Indies would make him an overseas player which could make it harder for Sussex to keep him. On the basis of this season's form I'd like to see him get a chance soon, must be a good shout for the Lions winter squad.

Essex making terribly heavy weather of their chase, two down and going at two an over - I'm beginning to think that they've already given up the chase.

And I've been less than impressed with Yorkshire's response to Surrey's declaration yesterday. Had Patterson batting with a broken toe when well over 300 ahead.