• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta love Big Bad Bob. :laugh:

Nass was musing why Meaker had fallen out of favour with England and RGDW says "I'd have thought anyone would be better than Dernbach".

Lol.

stumpski

International Captain
Bopara gone ... RTD in, there can't be a repeat performance can there?

I know there's less than 10 overs left but Essex can still do a lot of damage. I'd settle for 260 tbh.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just got in to see Essex scoring an outrageous amount of runs again, looking forward to this chase

stumpski

International Captain
Just got in to see Essex scoring an outrageous amount of runs again, looking forward to this chase
Nothing much to see here unfortunately. Given that all the veterans are playing I wonder what the average age of the Surrey team is - can't be much under 35. I was looking forward to seeing Ponting, but I missed his innings letting the cat out. Not sure what Wilson and Mahmood are trying to do here - bat out time I suppose. Required rate well into double figures with half the innings remaining.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Insanely good OD bowling from Napes. Castles Punter (full pint middle stump, to come over all Bumble) and takes a double hat-trick.

The sound of my knee jerking is probably audible in Essex, but England's limited overs bowling might benefit from a bloke who can bowl inswinging yorkers at 85mph+.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A few blokes on Twitter were saying the speed gun tonight must have been turned down when they saw Meaker in the low 80s and Masters in the low 70s but I think Napier put pay to that.

Woodster

International Captain
Its actually kinda disgusting that Napes has never played LO for England. True legend of the game
Absolutely, I would have thought his best chance to play international cricket would have come around 2008, when he smashed his 150 against Sussex I think, and was bowling sharply, he should have at the very least been given a run in the T20 side.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From his wiki description "Graham Richard Napier is an English cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm fast bowler, and is capable of bowling 90+mph"

King Pietersen

International Captain
A couple of years back Napier was bowling at over 90mph consistently, I saw him hit 95mph on a couple of occasions. He's deceptively quick. He's not particularly tall for a quick bowler, but his action is incredibly good. Bout time he started putting it together with the ball again. It was always his batting which got him attention, but for me, it's his bowling that's his best asset. Just a shame he couldn't have bowled a spell like this 3 or 4 seasons ago, as he'd have been picked by England. 2008, 2009 and 2010 he had 3 very good years, performing well for Essex, and in New Zealand with the ball.