• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last nights game was quite interesting with regards to England.

Chopra looks someway from being a good ODI player and shouldn;t be pushing anyone anytime soon for the England ODI team. Doesn't really hit the ball that cleanly and isn;t great at rotating the strike. Doesn't seem to play the sweep and looks to have limited options. On this showing I'd say his only chance is in test cricket. James Taylor who I haven't been a great fan of is a much better OD player - has more scoring options, runs well, rotates the strike and hits the ball a little cleaner imo.

Jordan looks like a prospect. Bowls mid 80's, took a fantastic catch at first slip and can bat and finally is injury free and getting a good run . I'd be surprised if he doesn;t tour with lions this winter (i dunno he might decide he wants to play for WI instead)

Rankin's action and runup looks a little more controlled and like his bowling will be a little less erratic. He's not really a serious contendor as a OD player as he is still a bit too erratic. I think though if he stays injury free to the end of the season he will take a load of wickets and could easily go on the ashes tour. Bowls real quick and is real awkward to face a bit like Harmison but is way too injury prone.
I thought Chris Wright bowled a lot better than he did against Somerset. Would rather he was in the ODI squad than someone I could mention.

Yes Jordan finally showing some rewards for that talent.

Could Glos make Fertang eat his words?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I thought Chris Wright bowled a lot better than he did against Somerset. Would rather he was in the ODI squad than someone I could mention.

Yes Jordan finally showing some rewards for that talent.

Could Glos make Fertang eat his words?
yes i missed quite a bit of Wright's bowling last night so didn;t want to comment.

Nah i don't think so. Glos have no spinner so won't be able to push home the initiative here and Kerrigan will run through us second time around. Probably decent for Lancs to move the game along by losing a few wickets.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's stopping them? Seems to have runs next to his name in all formats whenever I see him on a scorecard.
Well he's played for England A; he's in the mix. He only actually averages about 40 for Yorkshire though and a lot of his games for them have been in Division II as well. First Class average is a bit deceiving because of his complete dominance for the Rhinos.

Jarquis

Still bosses it in ODers for them though. Should be in and around the set up soon enough. Probably behind James Taylor though. And Ravi :laugh:

As well as Pietersen and whoever makes way for him. Bairstow too, stupidly.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Ballance going from being underrated to overrated.

Lancs prob should declare now. Glos aren't serious contenders for promotion so Lancs don't lose much by losing this game (unlike the hampshire lancs game last week where both are promotion rivals so don't want to let the other get a win) whilst the benifit for winning is obviously massive with 16 points as opposed to 3 for a draw.

Glos' frontline spinner is now Miles Hammond, who was only 17 in January. He's in the squad for tomorrows game against Yorkshire.

Pothas

Hampshire v Northants going to end in a low scoring draw as well so good chance for Lancashire.

After a good start, Hampshire have very much reverted back to last years form, not got a great deal of hope for promotion.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Ballance going from being underrated to overrated.

Lancs prob should declare now. Glos aren't serious contenders for promotion so Lancs don't lose much by losing this game (unlike the hampshire lancs game last week where both are promotion rivals so don't want to let the other get a win) whilst the benifit for winning is obviously massive with 16 points as opposed to 3 for a draw.

Glos' frontline spinner is now Miles Hammond, who was only 17 in January. He's in the squad for tomorrows game against Yorkshire.
He's a better one day player than Bairstow and by a bit of a margin quite frankly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Watching the Bears/Pears derby just now on Sky (SS3 for UK readers) and fascinated by Javid for the former's action.

Think he's nominally bowling off-spin, but looks like he's pushing it through at medium pace.

grecian

Keeping Moeen Ali on was a bold move, but they got away with it, thanks to Wright.:laugh: