• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am delighted to say that none of my forebears was born in nor has any connection with Yorkshire .................. and anyone who points out that none of them have any connection with Lancashire either can gagf

stumpski

International Captain
First post today, surprisingly. Looking as if the weather has had the final say at Taunton. Is Trescothick regretting the delay in declaring, with Warks seven down?

stumpski

International Captain
Money on the draw :D
You might lose it ...

I was just thinking that Somerset need a more attacking field - it's not as if they're in danger of losing after all - then Patel was caught at slip. Excellent decision by Nick Cook.

stumpski

International Captain
Another drop ...

Pretty good match for Sky to cover, as it turned out. Good advertisement for CC cricket.

Number 11 on strike for the next over!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brilliant viewing this. Brilliant first 2 balls from JOverton in the last over. Good stuff from OHD too.

stumpski

International Captain
What an absolutely cracking finish. Well played Clarke and Hannon-Dalby.

Somerset will be offering to buy Cook a hearing-aid, but the fact is they should have held their catches.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well played Hannon-Dalby, a great fighting innings by him.

Despite everything else, it was the right decision not to enforce the follow on and to bat on; 145 overs are more than enough to bowl out the opposition on a 4th innings. If anything, blame the fielders and the bowlers; not the captaincy.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What an absolutely cracking finish. Well played Clarke and Hannon-Dalby.

Somerset will be offering to buy Cook a hearing-aid, but the fact is they should have held their catches.
I'm of the opinion that Alviro Petersen is among the best, if not the best, slip fielders in the world as well. Very surprising he put one down.

Woodster

International Captain
Three more Championship fixtures start again tomorrow. Little rest for five of the six teams involved (Hants, Derby, Durham, Notts and Yorkshire) at least Essex should be fresh as they missed out in the last round but confidence will have been taken a hit after two pretty average displays so far especially the spanking they received from Northants in the last game.

Their opposition - Hants - should be buzzing, if a tad tired, following a thumping victory over Worcester (and a dominated draw against Leicester), Hants have only batted once in each of their two games so far so Essex will be delighted to be able to recall their reliable seamer David Masters. Saj Mahmood also in the 12-man squad, so a possible debut for him, but the inclusion of England captain Alastair Cook could be massive! Adam Wheater may have something to say about that though, returning to Chelmsford following his winter move to Hants.

stumpski

International Captain
How did Jamie Overton bowl today?
Well I was only watching after tea, but although he went for a few he looked very impressive. It couldn't have helped that Trescothick kept bringing him on for short bursts and then taking him off again when the light faded.

I suppose Somerset could justify their late declaration by pointing out that Warks got within 100 of their target without really going for it, and in any case they had plenty of time as Gurin said earlier.

Yes Cook for Essex should be interesting. Nothing on Sky AFAIK, Notts v Durham on BBC Radio 5. They did Durham last week as well!