• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Gavaskar is a shocking commentator. He just spent a whole over repeatedly referring to Clarke as Siddle.

After the first time I expected he would correct himself but...no. I know the Aussie commentators aren't much chop but i swear these guys don't even pay attention half the time.

Shastri is the only decent one. Warney is badass though...he doesn't just tell us what we can already see like most commentators, he actually provides genuine insight into the tactics and psychology in play.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
To highlight Gavaskar's complete lack of attention or analytical ability, he has twice today during Jadeja's overs referred to the fact that he does not have as much variety as Ashwin but concentrates on accuracy.

He said it in a manner as if, "well he doesn't need variety because he is very accurate" rather than as a criticism.

Anyone who watches Jadeja bowl for a few overs can see that his lack of variety is not a case of being unable to bowl miracle deliveries like the doosra, carrom, gooly wooly, whatever the ****.

His problem is that he barely even changes his pace, flight or even the angle from which he bowls on the crease...he is like a bowling machine just repeating the same delivery. Even club spinners are aware of the tactic of darting a few in and then tossing one up to entice the big shot.

Anyway, basically what I'm saying is that these pricks aren't as wicked as me.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The thing about Gavaskar and Shastri is that they used to be very good commentators, or at least I remember them as being good. They were critical when criticism was justifiable. I find it hard to believe that the genuinely feel that Jadeja is a better selection than Ojha, or that Harbhajan deserves to be in the team.

They simply shouldn't be in the commentary box the way they are carrying on.

Ian Smith and Craig McMillan are bloody annoying with their criticism of absolutely anything when something goes wrong (batsman hit's a six, McMillan says there aren't enough slips or something), but at least it sounds genuine.

Shastri sounds like it's his job to viciously refute any criticism of the Indian team whatsoever, and I suppose it is. He should be a spokesman, not a commentator.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
To highlight Gavaskar's complete lack of attention or analytical ability, he has twice today during Jadeja's overs referred to the fact that he does not have as much variety as Ashwin but concentrates on accuracy.

He said it in a manner as if, "well he doesn't need variety because he is very accurate" rather than as a criticism.

Anyone who watches Jadeja bowl for a few overs can see that his lack of variety is not a case of being unable to bowl miracle deliveries like the doosra, carrom, gooly wooly, whatever the ****.

His problem is that he barely even changes his pace, flight or even the angle from which he bowls on the crease...he is like a bowling machine just repeating the same delivery. Even club spinners are aware of the tactic of darting a few in and then tossing one up to entice the big shot.

Anyway, basically what I'm saying is that these pricks aren't as wicked as me.
Gavaskar is very aware of what makes a good spin bowler.

He's not being honest because he and Shastri are getting paid millions of dollars by the BCCI to toe the line.

It's disgusting and makes for awful listening. Not that there aren't bad commentators around the world, but bad commentators who are also disingenuous is disgusting.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's not injured. They just can't field!
- Burgeinho again. Adding some spice to to otherwise anodyne commentary tbh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i find border and warne signing on for the bcci/star cricket while abc can't afford to broadcast and the papers can't get images pretty disgusting. just btw

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i find border and warne signing on for the bcci/star cricket while abc can't afford to broadcast and the papers can't get images pretty disgusting. just btw
ABC made a commercial decision

Border and Warne made their own commercial decisions and neither is employed by the ABC

Dont really see how one is relevant to the other