• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, I'm still holding out for that "real-time snicko" technology that was mentioned on Cricinfo a couple of weeks back. Will really help in situations like this.
Me too. Should make a real difference in about 80% of cases.

... though will only increase confusion in the other 20%

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Which is very strange.

LBW's - yeah sure, I'd give them that.

Catches? Nope.

Sorry, there is no evidence either way, benefit of the doubt goes to MEEEEEEEEE!
But there is evidence that he hit it. A loud woody sound at the exact moment the ball passed the bottom of the bat.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I am actually very happy with the system being the way it is. it gives the umpires the confidence to make decisions without fear of being undermined by the third umpire.

Still very surprised at how capable NZ have been against Swann.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I mean by what Athlai says it would have been immediate, but it wasn't, he knew he was out, he was out, no proof he wasn't out, can we move on without swearing at each other ****s.
Haha. Who's swearing? I'm as happy as a clam in butter sauce, I'm sipping away on a Kahlua ****tail as we speak.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, Taylor didn't call for immediately, but he did immediately act befuzzled.

It's hardly damning evidence that he knew he hit it.

His captain was at the other end, he went down to make sure.

In fact, Taylor's behaviour made it pretty obvious that he believed he didn't hit it, not the other way around.

So a professional cricketer, doesn't know to appeal right away when he knows he isn't out, but looks befuddled and needs a talk with his captain, who may have mentioned he was the most important wicket they had, and hey let's appeal.

Athlai

Not Terrible
So a professional cricketer, doesn't know to appeal right away when he knows he isn't out, but looks befuddled and needs a talk with his captain, who may have mentioned he was the most important wicket they had, and hey let's appeal.
Taylor isn't deaf and he'll know that sometimes you don't feel thin edges. But he also knew that he didn't think he hit it.

Surely you can see it from his POV.

grecian

Haha. Who's swearing? I'm as happy as a clam in butter sauce, I'm sipping away on a Kahlua ****tail as we speak.

Athlai that was swearing, mind you it was a cheap-shot, as I'm one of the sweariest people on this ****ing site.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This incident reminds me of Ian Bell at Sydney in the last Ashes. In both incidents I think the batsman hit it, but upon review hotspot showed nothing. There was plenty of criticism then and they reversed the decision. Either way they went today they would have drawn criticism, because they'll always bee two sides of the argument. I personally think they got it right.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Hell, maybe NZ have a "no reviewing with out consulting the non-striker" policy.

I'm just saying that he looked hard done by from the very second he was given not out. And was furious when the decision was upheld.

Anyhoo, it's not like the game wasn't over before that wicket....

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is exactly why Ian Smith's logic fails. Just because you're scoring at 2 an over doesn't mean you won't lose wickets.

grecian

Taylor isn't deaf and he'll know that sometimes you don't feel thin edges. But he also knew that he didn't think he hit it.

Surely you can see it from his POV.
Well if he'd gone for it right away, and I wished to believe every cricketer in a tight situation was correct, I'd go with your opinion, but neither are true. Still you are doing well at deflecting your ****ing awful display here, well done.