• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Cook
?
Sangakkara
Pietersen
Chanderpaul
Clarke
Prior
Swann
Anderson
?
?

Picked Swann over Ajmal just because it'd be in South Africa really.

Picking a second opener would be so hard; I guess we'd have to think about someone like Trott doing the job.
Yeah I'd probably throw Trott or another middle order play up to open. Other two seaming spots are dependent on form, but I'd probably pick two of Broad, Pattinson and Siddle.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cook
?
Sangakkara
Pietersen
Chanderpaul
Clarke
Prior
Swann
Anderson
?
?

Picking a second opener would be so hard; I guess we'd have to think about someone like Trott doing the job.
Trott has a poor record against South Africa. Get Gayle in and Johnson.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I'd probably throw Trott or another middle order play up to open. Other two seaming spots are dependent on form, but I'd probably pick two of Broad, Pattinson and Siddle.
Yeah those are the three I had in mind too, but it'd really depend on fitness more than anything else. Broad has dished up pies recently but he's been carrying injury and Pattinson has been injured for a bit now too. If we rule those two out then we end up with a pace attack of Anderson/Southee/Siddle and that's not anywhere near as good as South Africa's.

I also find it somewhat amusing that when picking a rest of the world side to take on South Africa, two blokes born in South Africa are certain starters.. :laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King
in the meanwhile get some batsmen into the Pakistan side FFS :p

Firdose Moonda started her article saying that there were some wisecracks at the presser yesterday saying "they are not New Zealand"......yes they are not Firdose, their batting is worse :p

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook
?
Sangakkara
Pietersen
Chanderpaul
Clarke
Prior
Swann
Anderson
?
?

What about Southee as one of your seamers in South African conditions.

stumpski

International Captain
Good pounce there from AB, and he had to take it after going right in front of the slip. 40-8!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My side to play against SA in SA would be:

1. Cook, Alastair
2. Ali, Azhar
3. Sangakkara, Kumar
4. Pietersen, Kevin
5. Clarke, Michael
6. Chanderpaul, Shivnarine
7. Prior, Matthew
8. Siddle, Peter
9. Pattinson, James
10. Ajmal, Saeed
11. Anderson, James

Burgey

Fmd this **** is a young Dennis Lillee. 90mph or so outswing. Nothing beats it.

Zinzan

My side to play against SA in SA would be:

1. Cook, Alastair
2. Ali, Azhar
3. Sangakkara, Kumar
4. Pietersen, Kevin
5. Clarke, Michael
6. Chanderpaul, Shivnarine
7. Prior, Matthew
8. Siddle, Peter
9. Pattinson, James
10. Ajmal, Saeed
11. Anderson, James
Might be biased, but I'd pick Southee over Siddle based on what he's done in the last 12 months. Looks a far more dangerous prospect than solid old Siddle for mine. .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Might be biased, but I'd pick Southee over Siddle based on what he's done in the last 12 months. Looks a far more dangerous prospect than solid old Siddle for mine. .
Siddle's more a natural first change though. You'd want all of Anderson, Pattinson and Southee to open because they're natural outswing bowlers; Siddle would give you something different.

That said, I'm sure NUFAN is far more biased towards Siddle than you are towards Southee. He'd give him a kidney if he was asked.