• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Best Bowling Action

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Shane Bond
Allan Donald
Mohammad Sami
Mfuneko Ngam(oh what could have been)
Dale Steyn
Shoaib Akhtar
Glen McGrath
Mitchell Starc
Wasim Akram

SeamUp

International Coach
Just off topic -

Anyone seen Oliver Hannon-Dalby of Yorkshire's run up while bowling ? Surely the funniest ever ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ignoring the controversial part of his action, I do think he had a very effective action bio mechanically speaking. I can watch him all day.
No-one's arguing it isn't effective, it just isn't an attractive one. Having Murali in a battle of the "best bowling action" would be like having Graeme Smith in a "most aesthetically pleasing batsman" comp; he's very good at what he does but let's not pretend he is what he isn't.

It's arguably done more damage to the sport than any action before or since too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No-one's arguing it isn't effective, it just isn't an attractive one. Having Murali in a battle of the "best bowling action" would be like having Graeme Smith in a "most aesthetically pleasing batsman" comp; he's very good at what he does but let's not pretend he is what he isn't.

It's arguably done more damage to the sport than any action before or since too.
Happy to take any nominations, although I highly I doubt Murali will last long once the battles start.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Don't recognize the damage. Do read Francis' take on it. http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/49584-best-bowling-actions-ever.html

I stick with my nomination.

smash84

The Tiger King
Since you are happy to take nominations :p

Angus Fraser
Patrick Patterson
Dominic Cork
Heath Streak
Tapash Baisya
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Zahid
Shabbir Ahmed
Mushtaq Ahmed
Gavin Larsen
Tim May
Ronnie Irani
Sidebottom
Venketapathy Raju
Anil Kumble
Saqlain Mushtaq
Ajantha Mendis
Pramodya Wickremesinghe
Nuwan Zoysa
Sharminda Vaas
Upul Chandana
Nathan Bracken
Mervyn Dillon
Dwayne Bravo
Tino Best
Kemar Roach
Umar Bull
Carl Hooper
Salim Malik
Aamir Sohail
Brian Lara
Inzamam ul Haq
Mohammad Yousuf

Satyanash89

Banned
Since you are happy to take nominations :p

Angus Fraser
Patrick Patterson
Dominic Cork
Heath Streak
Tapash Baisya
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Zahid
Shabbir Ahmed
Mushtaq Ahmed
Gavin Larsen
Tim May
Ronnie Irani
Sidebottom
Venketapathy Raju
Anil Kumble
Saqlain Mushtaq
Ajantha Mendis
Pramodya Wickremesinghe
Nuwan Zoysa
Sharminda Vaas
Upul Chandana
Nathan Bracken
Mervyn Dillon
Dwayne Bravo
Tino Best
Kemar Roach
Umar Bull
Carl Hooper
Salim Malik
Aamir Sohail
Brian Lara
Inzamam ul Haq
Mohammad Yousuf
FFS atleast dont mix the troll votes in with your genuine nominations... makes it really confusing. Inzi? seriously?

Sarwan deserves a nomination too, obviously everyone knows why

Last edited: