Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where will the test sides be ranked in 4 years?

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    You're comparing him to one of the top 3 windy quicks of all time (and arguably one of the top 10 quicks of all time period). You seriously think he could be that good?
    Unless he means he's considering a speciality change and thinks he could be the next Tim Ambrose??
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Last time I saw Jason Holder bowl he looked potentially gun, and I can kinda see where WW is coming from with the comparison as Holder is a massive unit who relies on accuracy, bounce and seam position. However that was two years ago, haven't heard much about him recently. I do still have high hopes for Holder though
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Last time I saw Jason Holder bowl he looked potentially gun, and I can kinda see where WW is coming from with the comparison as Holder is a massive unit who relies on accuracy, bounce and seam position. However that was two years ago, haven't heard much about him recently. I do still have high hopes for Holder though
    I wasn't trying to be dismissive or anything. Holder does have an excellent FC record. But, as is the case with you, I've seen nothing of him since the u19 world cup. Would be genuinely interested in what WW thinks of him, and in just what fashion he could be like Curtly.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Regular WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    You're comparing him to one of the top 3 windy quicks of all time (and arguably one of the top 10 quicks of all time period). You seriously think he could be that good?
    I honestly think he could, right now in Fc cricket he's averaging 20, his action, run up stride, lengths he bowls etc are just like Amby, and the funny thing is amby is his bowling coach at CCC (the team Holder plays for) , HERE is a video of him aged 18 at the 2010 u19 world cup, watch from 6:40 .

He was the best pacer in the group stages of our last four day competition and just got called up to the senior squad during the one day series in Bangladesh, another good four day season and i think he'll most likely make his test debut vs Zimbabwe.

Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    I honestly think he could, right now in Fc cricket he's averaging 20, his action, run up stride, lengths he bowls etc are just like Amby, and the funny thing is amby is his bowling coach at CCC (the team Holder plays for) , HERE is a video of him aged 18 at the 2010 u19 world cup, watch from 6:40 .

He was the best pacer in the group stages of our last four day competition and just got called up to the senior squad during the one day series in Bangladesh, another good four day season and i think he'll most likely make his test debut vs Zimbabwe.
    Hmmm...well colour me skeptical on this for now, but I imagine we'll all get an opportunity to judge soon enough.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    In 4 years time for all we know the England batting side may be far stronger with Root, Bairstow and Taylor in it alongside Cook. Swann and Anderson will be huge losses but Panesar should still be around and Finn has the potential to be a fantastic bowler. In all honesty though there are probably a couple of 18/19 year olds who haven't played much first class cricket yet who may be test players/possibles as Bairstow, Root, Finn and Taylor are now.

I think 4 years is too long to look ahead as 4 years ago Swann was only just in the team, Anderson had only just cemented his place in the side but everyone was still waiting for him to revert to being crap again and Trott was so far off the radar you would have laughed at the prospect of him EVER playing a test.

I think the team who will suffer the most in 4 years time will be South Africa, Kallis gone and possibly Smith. Steyn and all of the current team will be early 30's or older so who knows who else may have dropped out by then.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Four years is a little difficult to predict but in 2-3 years IMO

1) England
    2-6) the rest
    7) NZ
    8) SL
    9) Bangas
    10) Zim

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    1) NZ
    2) SA
    3) WI
    4) Pak
    5) Zim
    6) SL
    7) Eng
    8) Ind
    9) Aus
    10) Bang

Lock it in.
    Maximas and Garson007 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

School Boy/Girl Captain sonnench's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    In 4 years time for all we know the England batting side may be far stronger with Root, Bairstow and Taylor in it alongside Cook. Swann and Anderson will be huge losses but Panesar should still be around and Finn has the potential to be a fantastic bowler. In all honesty though there are probably a couple of 18/19 year olds who haven't played much first class cricket yet who may be test players/possibles as Bairstow, Root, Finn and Taylor are now.

I think 4 years is too long to look ahead as 4 years ago Swann was only just in the team, Anderson had only just cemented his place in the side but everyone was still waiting for him to revert to being crap again and Trott was so far off the radar you would have laughed at the prospect of him EVER playing a test.

I think the team who will suffer the most in 4 years time will be South Africa, Kallis gone and possibly Smith. Steyn and all of the current team will be early 30's or older so who knows who else may have dropped out by then.
    Yeah, because it's not like we have any youngsters or anything....

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnench View Post
    You do, they just all live in Auckland

Four years is the end of 2016... that's a long time, well after the next World Cup too, but I think the current tiers will remain with the possible exception of Sri Lanka dropping down further if they struggle to replace sangakkara/jayawardene/samaraweera who all average around 50.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    1) NZ
    2) SA
    3) WI
    4) Pak
    5) Zim
    6) SL
    7) Eng
    8) Ind
    9) Aus
    10) Bang

Lock it in.
    WW says windies bowling attack will effectively consist of Steyn, Ambrose, Murali and Shannon Gabriel. There's no way anyone but Southee, Kuggs and Mills can top that.

School Boy/Girl Captain sonnench's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    You do, they just all live in Auckland
    Haha, yes we do

But in all seriousness, with youngsters like de Kock, de Lange etc I think we have a pretty bright future......But i guess that means England do then too???

NZ will be top 3.

No need to be pessimistic here, we genuinely do have the most promising young bowling attack and there's enough in the batting department to be hopeful.

Kallis is not such a big loss as Smith. Openers are a big issue in test cricket. Kallis is a great batsman and while his bowling is great too, it's a bonus. You simply can't stay at the top without a very good opener.

Australia will up number 1 I think, they too have promising bowlers and I think Khawaja et al. will come good.

Sri Lanka have enough veterans with good intentions that I am hopeful for any debutants they bring in. Sanga, Jayawardene, Vaas, Murali all care enough to pass on their knowledge and skills to the next generation. I think they will surprise us.

It's going to be tough for India.

West Indies, Zimbabwe, England I don't know enough about to comment on.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnench View Post
    Notice how with our youngsters I said we MAY be better. Nobody knows how the young players will react/adapt to test cricket when they get there, I don't know how ours will do so how the hell am I going to know how your lot will do?

Point I am making is you have more better players to replace and as we have seen from Australia and now India replacing great players is bloody difficult. South Africa will always be a strong side they produce enough players but will they be as good as the ones they replace, probably not. If they are you are incredibly lucky.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information