• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Mike5181

International Captain
Good timing that. New ball just around the corner, and just one more wicket until we're into the allrounders. Can't believe Martin's only bowling slightly faster than Franklin.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
New guy has something to prove and De Villiers has an average to pad, so we may find it hard to get another wicket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good timing that. New ball just around the corner, and just one more wicket until we're into the allrounders. Can't believe Martin's only bowling slightly faster than Franklin.
Franklin just bowled one at 129k, don't know if Martin's touched that yet today.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No it isn't. Remember the ball after his fluke wicket in SL that went down there at 138kph? He can still bowl with pace, he just can't be ****ed using his spine.
129k bouncer! Fastest ball by Franklin in 4 years.
Franklin just bowled one at 129k, don't know if Martin's touched that yet today.
Martin's bowling so slow he's almost getting loop like a spinner
and back to 124kph nothings.
Wagner is the most overhyped bowler ever to get a test cap but he's better than this. Marto must have been camping on Franklin in the nets to make the team.

Seriously, Steve could bowl better than this pair.:ph34r:

edit: before Darlingface reminds me I picked Marto over Wagner before the test, I was picking him thinking he was going to bowl 130kph ten thousand miles outside off at worst, not 120kph down leg.

oh hey me yelling at Marto made him do well again. im good at this.
Marto now bowling 15kph slower than his last outing, and down leg.

Bloody hell.
*** off Franklin, you bowl 100 kms and hour and still can't be accurate. Softest test cricketer ever. Mental strength of a ******** hedgehog.
I see Franklin has found a way to be even more innocuous. Sub 120kph down leg. Top stuff.
Pretty much what he was in sl: mid 130's to low 140's.

This looks pretty accurate, very gentle looking bowling from Braces and Boult.
Either the speed guns in SL or India were smoking something or these two have lost 5-10kph overnight.

What speeds is Eranga clocking in Ostraya?

edit: i guess Steyn and Philander were down on pace on the gun yesterday so maybe there is another explanation.
Bit of a speed obsession bois?

Flem274*

123/5
Put SA's bowlers on this and it's 45 all out again. This is some of the most gentle 3rd and 4th seamer bowling wheeled out in a test in SA in years and there are still balls that beat the bat and draw the edge.