• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English ATG Team- Open Voting

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
To clarify....Botham will also be available in the last selection list as a bowler/bowling AR.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wally Hammond
Denis Compton
Kevin Pietersen
Ian Botham
This.

For me KP's spot is the only one up for debate and there are quite a number of players in line for selection, one of them Peter May, hasn't received a single vote yet.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
This.

For me KP's spot is the only one up for debate and there are quite a number of players in line for selection, one of them Peter May, hasn't received a single vote yet.
Considered him then I decided with Botham and Hammond in the side I could get 2 spinners in for my bowlers

watson

Banned
If England are playing an ATG Ashes series against an Aussie side containing O'Reilly and Warne then I'll want Maurice Leyland in the team;

3. Hammond
4. Compton
5. Leyland
6. May

Red

Hammond
Barrington
Compton
Botham

for me as well.

Wanted to include Ranji, but Botham adds a bit more to the whole equation with his bowling and fielding. Botham, one of the most brutal batsman of all time when on song.

Red

I'll leave this up for a few more days until we finish it off with the last two bowlers.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Hammond
Barrington
May
Botham

Very close choice between Botham/Compton/Pietersen (yes, I'm serious about the latter) because it will make for a very long tail if Botham is finally selected at no.6.