• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
NZ still not safe, lost 10 overs of play today due to rain - will have to start again tomorrow. They will need bat all day tomorrow and post 550+ score to put pressure on SL batsman.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First time I've been happily sleep-deprived due to the NZ cricket team in a while. Usually when I have to get up at some ungodly hour after staying up to watch a game, I spent the next day surly and bitter.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
While I'm really relieved and overjoyed that these two have managed to do what looked like the impossible last test, will be severely disappointed if Rosco doesn't get a new top score today.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am not bothered by the run rate - there is little batting to come after these two so we had to take it slow and steady. I expect us to take the same run rate for the first session today and then if he is still in I expect Ross to go for it after Lunch.

Has it stopped raining yet...

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
just realised how much CD and ND dominate this team numbers wise. need to come up with a joint name to refer to the NZ side from now on.

Stag Knights is my contribution. thank you and goodnight.
New Zealand Districts?

And says something for their quality that ND and CD are still two of the best teams in the FC competition.

Canterbury have really fallen off a cliff after being the backbone of the NZ team for many years. I'm optimistic about some of their current players though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, fully agree about the run-rate. If Taylor and Williamson bat until tea at 2.5 rpo, then they can start thinking about pushing up the pace a little bit. Until then, they should just keep doing what they've been doing.

Only have to look at England's efforts over the last couple of days to see that as long as you keep wickets in the bank, eventually the run-rate issue will sort itself out.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I would like for them to bat depending on how Sri Lanka bowl and set fields, just as they did yesterday.

If they keep bowling defensive fields and ask us to either hit against the turn or take risks, I'd prefer we don't oblige.

If they bring the fielders up I don't mind a positive skip down the track and hit over long on or a sweep to take the boundary on offer.

Flem274*

123/5
Run rate will be fine. Even when Taylor reins himself in he ticks along at a good rate because he's so good at finding gaps, and this pair are quick between the wickets so that will be worth a few extra runs as well.

The main thing we want to see is those two at the crease when stumps is called or the declaration made.