• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
BCCI ‏@BCCI

Team retained for last two ODIs: MS Dhoni (C/Wk)/Gauti/Rahane/Pujara/ Virat/Rohit/Yuvi/Raina/Ashwin/Jadeja/Mishra/Ishant/B Kumar/Dinda/Shami

Hohum.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BCCI ‏@BCCI

Team retained for last two ODIs: MS Dhoni (C/Wk)/Gauti/Rahane/Pujara/ Virat/Rohit/Yuvi/Raina/Ashwin/Jadeja/Mishra/Ishant/B Kumar/Dinda/Shami

Hohum.
Probably earned the series at least, tbf. I mean, it's only one mental Sammy Patel innings from being 3-0.

If it ain't broke, etc.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, though this might be a case of the other team being more broken.

Would've like 1/2 more young seamers getting a chance at Helpful tracks at Dharamashala and Mohali rather then proven mediocrity.

Rest of the team is fine though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not your best posting GF, you're better than this.

You're basically saying that he deliberately sent KP on his way because he wasn't Indian, and gave a not out decision with Gambhir because he was Indian.

There are also only 2 umpires, so not exactly too big a coincidence that the umpire that gave Gambhir not out was the same one.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm not a fan of the local umpires, but not because I think they favour India, I just think they're not very good. There's only three international tours on right now, surely they can high 9 quality umpires for all of them?

I remember Ravi's debut game. It was a couple of local umpires and there were about 4-5 howlers in 40 overs of cricket, favouring both sides.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably earned the series at least, tbf. I mean, it's only one mental Sammy Patel innings from being 3-0.

If it ain't broke, etc.
I raise you one useless sack of ****e Dernbach, with one hideously limited Kieswetter and England could be winning the series.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not your best posting GF, you're better than this.

You're basically saying that he deliberately sent KP on his way because he wasn't Indian, and gave a not out decision with Gambhir because he was Indian.

There are also only 2 umpires, so not exactly too big a coincidence that the umpire that gave Gambhir not out was the same one.
I don't think it was deliberate but I'm not a fan of local umpires making decisions. I reckon he was influenced by the crowd and Dhoni's appeal.

When there's no DRS available you shouldn't have local umpires. There's been one or two ridiculous decisions going against England this series.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think it was deliberate but I'm not a fan of local umpires making decisions. I reckon he was influenced by the crowd and Dhoni's appeal.

When there's no DRS available you shouldn't have local umpires. There's been one or two ridiculous decisions going against England this series.
Yea, this is what makes the latest pathetic half-arsed offer from the ICC even more stupid, leaving the option of DRS down to the home board.

The home board typically gets the least benefit out of it. They're paying for it. Decisions typically favour the home side. Way to incentivize.

DRS for all and tell the BCCI to go **** themselves.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not a fan of the local umpires, but not because I think they favour India, I just think they're not very good. There's only three international tours on right now, surely they can high 9 quality umpires for all of them?

I remember Ravi's debut game. It was a couple of local umpires and there were about 4-5 howlers in 40 overs of cricket, favouring both sides.
Yeah, agree with this, but then Dharmasena being Umpire of the year doesn't inspire confidence either.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah, agree with this, but then Dharmasena being Umpire of the year doesn't inspire confidence either.
awta. How in hell did dharmasena become the umpire of the year? Looking at it from this perspective if Dharmasena is the umpire of the year then this bloke ain't too far off :p