• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
He should be in for Kieswetter IMO. It's not like CK is actually a good gloveman anyway. No need to drop Root even if he does appear to be playing in a slightly strange role.
From what I read they're not even considering Buttler as a WK for this tour so it's a moot point

btw three rest days after each of these games sounds like at least one day too many.

I'm sure the players from both sides would prefer the series to finish sooner rather than later, and I don't see any commercial reasons for stringing it out like this.

The games are all over the place. They probably just need extra time for travelling between the places - players, press and the bcci

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From what I read they're not even considering Buttler as a WK for this tour so it's a moot point
Why not, he's keeping in the t20s?

It's funny with kies in this position, he does okay, but never more than that, it never looks like he's going to strike massively.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Why not, he's keeping in the t20s?

It's funny with kies in this position, he does okay, but never more than that, it never looks like he's going to strike massively.
guess they just don't he is a good enough wk yet for 50 overs. hey i'd love buttler in there over kieswetter at present - even though i rate kieswetter. I'm just saying I wouldn't be anticipating kieswetter being replaced by buttler in this series - but maybe im wrong.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** who comes up with those? Seen some seriously unfunny ones bagging the Indian team recently. Make me cringe, so embarrassingly bad.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I guess you need to know the context of the middle 3 first and in the in the first 1 the joke is in Hindi/Urdu parts. The last one should be understandable is a decent joke, tbf though probably not enough alone.

Together it's more of a sarcastic dig than a hilarious joke.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Kerala pacer summoned for Team India nets
Jan 13, 2013

KOCHI: The Indian team management has put in a request to BCCI to provide them with tall pacemen at the nets and that has come as a pleasant surprise for Kerala pacer Sandeep Warrier. The 6 ft 1 medium pacer was all set to play in a local tournament for his club side in Sabarmati (Maharashtra). As soon as he reached there on Saturday morning, he got a call from the Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) asking him back to rush back to Kochi.

"Yes, we have received a specific request from BCCI asking Sandeep Warrier to report at the nets of Indian team on Sunday morning. We have instructed him to fly back to Kochi at the earliest," KCA secretary TC Mathew confirmed the development.
Good.

Is doing well, and is supposed to bowl 140 Kmph.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I guess you need to know the context of the middle 3 first and in the in the first 1 the joke is in Hindi/Urdu parts. The last one should be understandable is a decent joke, tbf though probably not enough alone.

Together it's more of a sarcastic dig than a hilarious joke.
They're ****ing crap, stop posting them.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Here are some more -

N Srinivasan initiates IPL discussion on his Facebook wall after the first India-Pakistan ODI | The UnReal Times

Facebook Wall: Team India celebrates T20 victory over Pakistan in Ahmedabad | The UnReal Times

Team India analyses defeat in first India-Pak T20 on Facebook Page | The UnReal Times

Some are funny, and some are sarcastic digs. That one above was probably not the funniest but much of the amusement is in the detailing which is impossible to know without the context.

smash84

The Tiger King
Here are some more -

N Srinivasan initiates IPL discussion on his Facebook wall after the first India-Pakistan ODI | The UnReal Times

Facebook Wall: Team India celebrates T20 victory over Pakistan in Ahmedabad | The UnReal Times

Team India analyses defeat in first India-Pak T20 on Facebook Page | The UnReal Times

Some are funny, and some are sarcastic digs. That one above was probably not the funniest but much of the amusement is in the detailing which is impossible to know without the context.
:laugh:

yeah, admittedly these ones are better