• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Shami Ahmed comes in for Dinda. :toot:

Pujara still on the bench though. Might as well have let him play the Ranji Semi's.

India won the toss and will bat first.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
UV as a bowler since 2011 -

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...1;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5

filtered 2011-2013 18 16 110.0 2 564 20 5/31 28.20 5.12 33.0 0 1

Jadeja's record as a bowler since 2011 (Is even worse since 2012) -

Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5

filtered 26 25 213.4 8 1051 32 4/33 32.84 4.91 40.0 1 0

Yes, we should obviously sacrifice a batting slot to bring in Muttiah Jadeja.

Either he should play as a bowler, or not play at all with his batting performances so far.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
On the English side of things, Woakes in for Bresnan.

If only they'd make the same change in the Test side.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pujara is in fantastic form at the moment. Making him sit out makes no sense and will result in him losing form.

Should release him for the Ranji Semi's.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What's even more crazy is that Dhoni stops bowling Yuvi when Jadeja plays, as he doesn't want to bowl 2 left arm spinners.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This Kochi stadium is huge and seems pretty full.

Good move by BCCI to hold this series in 2nd/3rd tier cities after the last India vs England series didn't get crowds.

smash84

The Tiger King
I can't believe that England don't have a better bowler than Dernbach available for selection. Heck I might even prefer Sami over him (well maybe not)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Gambhir expertly done, right in the gap

and he gets out the next ball.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe that England don't have a better bowler than Dernbach available for selection. Heck I might even prefer Sami over him (well maybe not)
WAC! :p

Gambhir is totally out of sorts right now. Hardly being able to play any other shot except the poke.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok wtf was that, Rahane really has looked ordinary in the ODI format I must say, he's not exactly grabbing his opportunities.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, Rahane doesn't know how to pace a ODI innings while opening.

The bowl is swinging around here and he has pressured himself out.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ok wtf was that, Rahane really has looked ordinary in the ODI format I must say, he's not exactly grabbing his opportunities.
He likes to start his innings while rotating the strike usually and by playing some shots on the off side. When that is cut off due to field restrictions in ODI's he just panics trying to up the ante. Today, when he didn't need to play these shots he was swinging at every ball.

Opening with Gambhir isn't helping either, as both aren't aggressive.

Last edited: