• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

cnerd123

likes this
**** off Gmabhir. Horrible shot selection given the situation.

India getting rolled over yet again. This is pathetic.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
this should be sachin's last test now. play out the odis as farewell games.

now that india is looking in deep trouble, this should be dhoni's last test too.

add gambhir to the list as well

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FMD India. Two years ago they were the best side in the world.

England won't enforce the follow on on his deck, surely? Just grind it out and win by hundreds.
If we do enforce it even if it is available then Cook should never return home. Should be looking to set them 400+ in the last innings from here but I wouldn't even declare our 2nd innings.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Sooooooooo Anderson has kinda proved himself in all conditions now, right? Great performances in the UAE, Sri Lanka and now India in the past 12 months have surely cemented his place in the pantheon of great English quicks.

I mean this is great great bowling in about as alien conditions as he can find.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I think Anderson has more than proved himself away. His bowling in this Test and the last have been of the highest quality.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sooooooooo Anderson has kinda proved himself in all conditions now, right? Great performances in the UAE, Sri Lanka and now India in the past 12 months have surely cemented his place in the pantheon of great English quicks.

It's a pantheon of about three, tbf.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Australia as well right before that.

It's actually kind of sad in a way that there are no countries left for opposition fans to assert he'll fail in pre-series based on when he did five or six years ago.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

yes:)

cnerd123

likes this
This one. Easily. Atleast that one could be blamed on fatigue from IPL/World Cup, some injuries, unfamiliar conditions, etc. This one has been at home, full strength team, well rested...horrible,

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
this should be his last test now. play out the odis as farewell games.

now that india is looking in deep trouble, this should be dhoni's last test too.
What about Kohli? Hyped as the next superstar, yet averaging in the mid-thirties after a pretty representative number of Tests. How can anyone seriously argue he's worth a place in the side above some of the other young guns who have yet to be given an opportunity because of Tendulkar and co. hanging on too long if he doesn't do anything in this match? I haven't seen anything at this, the ultimate level of the game, in which the entire skill set and mental approach are tested to the utmost, to suggest he's anything special.