Page 359 of 675 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    They got that though with that ODI series last year (or so it was claimed at the time)
    Nah. Nothing like that was claimed (not by a big enough base to be considered significant at all). If anything, some english posters asked why aren't Indian fans gloating over the 5-0 win. Is this a case of seeing evidence when none exists for your preconceived notions?

Amazing how England players have only scored two doubles in India, and that was in one innings.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Nah. Nothing like that was claimed (not by a big enough base to be considered significant at all). If anything, some english posters asked why aren't Indian fans gloating over the 5-0 win. Is this a case of seeing evidence when none exists for your preconceived notions?
    I remember "revenge" being bandied about a considerable amount during that series, so marc hasn't dreamed it up. Mainly cricinfo et al. Upon searching CW it did seem to be almost entirely the esteemed Kohli_Fan and people mocking him here, though.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 07-12-2012 at 07:16 AM.

It was more a "stupid BCCI comments" thing than an actual forumer thing, I think.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    What I mean is that it feels how it felt following the series last year. You keep checking the scorecard and it and England keep piling on India.
    this is nothing. wait for the boxing kangaroo.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    It was more a "stupid BCCI comments" thing than an actual forumer thing, I think.
    Indeed. We will beat Aussies at home: Srinivasan

Srinivasan - "England won 5-0 in England. They came here within a month or two and they lost 5-0. Last time, after our loss to England, I had said that we will beat them when they visit India,"

maybe I am not the best person to talk about it since I support a side that has Ajmal leading its attack but Ojha elbow looks suspicious at times.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I am trying to remember the last time Indian spin bowlers were thoroughly oubowled over a whole series. I can't remember!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I am trying to remember the last time Indian spin bowlers were thoroughly oubowled over a whole series. I can't remember!
    I thinks Mendia and Murali 2008 though it was away.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yea it had happened away for sure. I meant at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    maybe I am not the best person to talk about it since I support a side that has Ajmal leading its attack but Ojha elbow looks suspicious at times.
    Looks good to me, and it's squeaky clean compared to Ajmal.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Another excellent day for England, Cook continued in relentless fashion until he took leave of his senses by getting very tamely run out. We also saw the Trott of old, who was patient early on and found a decent rhythm as his innings progressed, KP too was watchful early on but was beginning to flourish until he missed his sweep shot. Bell's dismissal was poor, a very un-Bell like shot imo, but Matt Prior looks in excellent touch, hopefully he and Swanny can take us closer to a 250-run lead, without wishing to get too greedy!

The way England have bounced back after the first Test defeat is very admirable in conditions where we have continually struggled. This Test is far from won despite the commanding position we find ourselves in, some attractive strokeplay up to lunchtime should set things up nicely, and the pitch does appear to be getting a tad more tricky to bat on.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

State Vice-Captain
    Monga's really been laying into them for some time now.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    this is nothing. wait for the boxing kangaroo.

that gif is all kinds of awesome. Now I'm going to spend the weekend looking up old school Kangaroo MMA.

Thread Information