• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag used the word 5 times and counting...

you show some patience
Key was patience
Their batsmen showed patience more than ours
They showed patience
We didn't show enough patience

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Physician cure thyself, etc.

Not singling Sehwag out, but that shot just after luncheon showed a distinct lack of the quality he's obsessing on &, ultimately, started the procession.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes several things indicating a lack of patience and batting intelligence in that Sehwag shot. It was the first ball after lunch, not only was he playing against the spin with a huge gap between bat and pad, but he was playing it with a very open face giving himself even lesser chance of connecting with the ball.

sli

Cricket Spectator
as a captain you would prefer your bowlers to take 3 wickets for 80 runs rather than 3 for 150 and put your team behind the match

Woodster

International Captain
ashwins job is to take wickets and he is not doing that
Yes he hasn't looked terribly effective with the ball, and England have certainly played him well. As you say that is the primary reason he's been selected, but his batting was very impressive today, one or two lessons to be learnt from him by the top order you'd suggest.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Literally the only ball I've seen of the Test today was Swann bowling Sehwag.

Looking forward to Jono's avatar.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was chatting to my manager in work earlier about the cricket (he's from Bengal), and he reckons India's big problem is that there's no-one who India's number 1 bowler, no-one the captain can toss the ball to and expect results from. I put forward the case for Ojha being that man in home Tests, but he's not wrong is he?

uvelocity

International Coach
india allowed too many english supporters into the stadiums, it didn't feel like a home test

#PossibleDhoniExcuses

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
|Gawd I'm feeling so tired, trying to keep awake for our win. Every minute is dragging like an hour.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
|Gawd I'm feeling so tired, trying to keep awake for our win. Every minute is dragging like an hour.
Worst first world problem ever lol. God damn you guys. Ashwin is batting too long, its too late wahhhhh.

****ers :(

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worst first world problem ever lol. God damn you guys. Ashwin is batting too long, its too late wahhhhh.

****ers :(
This post proves you to be a harsh and basically evil person, I need my beauty sleep, I'm already hideously ugly.:(