• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Woodster

International Captain
Another excellent day for England, Cook continued in relentless fashion until he took leave of his senses by getting very tamely run out. We also saw the Trott of old, who was patient early on and found a decent rhythm as his innings progressed, KP too was watchful early on but was beginning to flourish until he missed his sweep shot. Bell's dismissal was poor, a very un-Bell like shot imo, but Matt Prior looks in excellent touch, hopefully he and Swanny can take us closer to a 250-run lead, without wishing to get too greedy!

The way England have bounced back after the first Test defeat is very admirable in conditions where we have continually struggled. This Test is far from won despite the commanding position we find ourselves in, some attractive strokeplay up to lunchtime should set things up nicely, and the pitch does appear to be getting a tad more tricky to bat on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Angle makes it look like the bat was grounded, even though I know it wasn't.

Cracking throw, tbf.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reckon we'll get out for no more than 50 extra runs tbh. Imagine we'll come out swinging.

Can see India folding over though, based on recent times I've watched them. Just seem to fold when up against it, but at least they had Dravid hanging in there over here last year to give you an element of doubt. Sure, someone could easily step up, but I wouldn't be surprised if we win this tomorrow.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It will be a pretty impressive record for Cook if he manages it. And it seems to me he will unless India somehow pull off a win in the 4th Test.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If he bats twice in the 4th Test, and/or bats again here, he could even top his Ashes 10-11 run tally from one fewer Test. Incredible output.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
A - 2004 (V Australia)
B - 1984-85
That 2004 loss had a lot to do with a very non Indian pitch (due to a feud with BCCI) and Ganguly throwing a tantrum. Not excusing it of course, a win is a win, but these are very Indian pitches. I don't remember a loss on these types of pitches. As I mentioned above, I have never seen non Indian spinners out bowling Indian spinners over a whole series at home. Never. Usually the batting makes them look bad, or they themselves don't bowl well, or the Indian spinners bowl even better, or the visiting batsmen can't bat well. One out of the four things ALWAYS happens, except this time. It's astounding. Well done to England, no matter what happens from here on out.

There's a first for everything.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I remember you being adamant we'd have no chance over here because of the pitches that would be prepared if it looked like we could win.

Under no illusions that this series is in the bag - expect the Indian bats to come out hard in the 4th Test, at least , and this one's not won yet - but after the year we've had, this has been a refreshing series save for the first 2 days or so.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Double shame on you England,
The truth is you cannot stand.
Without the help of a saffer hand,
Yet you call it the english band.

Even then we were prepared,
To make your UN team run scared.
Your Finns, Andersons and Broads,
Would be buried on our Indian roads.

But how shameless you are,
Playing our son of sardar.