• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir WAG!!

He may not be the best batsman in the world, but when the going gets tough he sure gets going.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Are India looking at the possibility of a new-look spin attack for the next Test? Ashwin's bowling has come off worse, but neither of them look any good, with either Panesar or Swann running rings around both Indian spinners. Ashwin may get the runs for the number six position, but these are definitely not India's best spinners.

By the way, while Ashwin and Ojha have bowled over 45 overs, Yuvraj has sent down just three.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I've always remembered Gambhir for his WC final knock that won it for us. But this innings is definitely up there, as one I will forever remember.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Need a quick 30/40 from Sehwag here, to wipe off most of the lead atleast.

Gambhir is due one, and he usually fires in these sort of occasions.
Called it. :cool:

The rest weren't supposed to fall like pinballs though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What an amazing day. Should polish it off tomorrow but taking nothing for granted as a good partnership between these two followed by a couple of early wickets when we chase whatever target we need and who knows.

KP, Cook and Monty take a bow lads.

biased indian

International Coach
Are India looking at the possibility of a new-look spin attack for the next Test? Ashwin's bowling has come off worse, but neither of them look any good, with either Panesar or Swann running rings around both Indian spinners. Ashwin may get the runs for the number six position, but these are definitely not India's best spinners.

By the way, while Ashwin and Ojha have bowled over 45 overs, Yuvraj has sent down just three.
you had three spinners who could do nothing and your problem is yuvraj bowling less than 4 overs !!!!

what we did wrong was when kp start playing his different strokes bowlers also started bowling 3-4 different ball in an over..and once he got his eye in you could do nothing.they should have sticked to a good line and lenght and rest pitch would have done..but they where bowling real bad balls

BoyBrumby

Englishman
don't know why, but i wasn't expecting compton to be a good fieldsman
Athlete, tbh. Has some serious guns.

It's in the blood; his granddad and great uncle were both good enough to have serious careers for The Arsenal as well as their not inconsiderable cricketing achievements.

Can only assume he'll turn up and somehow claim that this all proves that they should have picked Onions.
In all fairness if he said "instead of Broad" I might agree with him. Reckon Onions's line and skiddier trajectory are a better fit for Indian tracks.

Although a small part of me wants to see Meaker picked ahead of him, because I'm sure we'd hear Scaly's aneurysm burst from here. :ph34r:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a day, a long long time since I enjoyed a day of cricket that much.

Pietersen simply outrageously good when he bats like that.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Athlete, tbh. Has some serious guns.

It's in the blood; his granddad and great uncle were both good enough to have serious careers for The Arsenal as well as their not inconsiderable cricketing achievements.

In all fairness if he said "instead of Broad" I might agree with him. Reckon Onions's line and skiddier trajectory are a better fit for Indian tracks.

Although a small part of me wants to see Meaker picked ahead of him, because I'm sure we'd hear Scaly's aneurysm burst from here. :ph34r:
Haha that would make Meaker getting picked worth it, even though he doesn't really deserve it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just unbelievable stuff. Been a wretched year as an England fan but this could be right up there as one of the great wins.