• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
One wonders what our batting coach is getting paid for as he hasn't seemed to make any difference at all.
You do wonder, don't you. And what Flower has been doing, as he knew how to bat in these conditions.

Whether these guys were interested in listening is perhaps questionable.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone?

Has it been poor shot selection? Good bowling? Assistance from the pitch? Mixture?
I actually think Ojha has been pretty meh; he's not bowled badly but he's getting a lot of help from the pitch and England have played him like stooges. Ashwin has been excellent though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Isn't Thorpey involved with our batting on some level too? Pretty sure I remember him featuring in the Loins docu Sky showed during the SA series.

Was a great player of spin, but clearly his charges failing to follow the great man's lead.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually think Ojha has been pretty meh; he's not bowled badly but he's getting a lot of help from the pitch and England have played him like stooges. Ashwin has been excellent though.
Thanks! Yeah, was surprised initially to see Ojha's figures, compared to Ashwin's, suggest otherwise.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha, man. Ordinary effort from Zaheer on the rope there.

Stooped like an arthritic family retainer.
he has been a total liability hasn't he?

should go in with harby instead of zaheer if the next pitch is a turner. zaheer is too slow now to be effective

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't Thorpey involved with our batting on some level too? Pretty sure I remember him featuring in the Loins docu Sky showed during the SA series.

Was a great player of spin, but clearly his charges failing to follow the great man's lead.
Deals with the kids not the senior team. Rates Root very highly by all accounts.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
he has been a total liability hasn't he?

should go in with harby instead of zaheer if the next pitch is a turner. zaheer is too slow now to be effective
TBF I think he's bowled ok, definitely got more movement than our muppets, setting a low bar as that may be.

Probably quicker than any of them too.

His fielding betrays his vintage tho. What is he now? 34?