• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Toughest cricketer. Punch on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ That was a great battle. Distinctly remember them both having a laugh as they walked off the field. Played it hard on the field (well whenever Akhtar felt like it :ph34r: ) but played in the good spirits.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I recall when Akthar hit Langer with a snorter in the Hobart test (iirc) and he just looked at him and smiled away as though he didn't have a care in the world. Tough hombre.
Is it just my memory, or did Langer spit a tooth out after he got hit? That was the Langer/Gilchrist partnership I think. Langer almost verged on the mental/masochist spectrum I reckon.

Another guy who is supposed to be pretty good in a punch up is Andy Bichel.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it just my memory, or did Langer spit a tooth out after he got hit? That was the Langer/Gilchrist partnership I think. Langer almost verged on the mental/masochist spectrum I reckon.

Another guy who is supposed to be pretty good in a punch up is Andy Bichel.
Nah, Langer has a false tooth which he didn't have in when he batted, so when he smiled he had the gap toothed grin which momentaily would've made you (quite understandably) think he was English :ph34r:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Graeme Smith. Sydney. Busted tennis elbow. Broken knuckles on other hand. Series already won. Chance to save the dead rubber match on a nasty cracked pitch. What pain?

Edit: He said before the match his elbow was so bung he couldn't even brush his teeth with that arm :ph34r:

Last edited:

Daemon

he's a clown. would get beat up quicker than the time it takes for his deliveries to reach the other end.

Daemon

Where is he anyways? Want to see him back in tests when we go overseas especially.

Marius

International Debutant
Fanie de Villiers was pretty tough as was Mark Boucher.

Pat Symcox too.

You also got to give it to Yuvraj and Dave Callaghan for going through cancer and still playing top level cricket afterwards.

Apparently while Fanie was in the army there was some kind of accident with explosives and he was temporarily blinded, and it was touch and go for a while whether he would regain his site. He also had some serious injuries but managed to come through and have a pretty good international career.

i was watching some highlights of the Sydney Test where SA won by five runs, with Fanie taking six wickets in the second innings. Best moment in the post match interview when Fanie says to Tony Grieg: "South Africans never give up."

Stapel

International Regular
Keith Miller.

Never mind the punching!

When asked about pressure in cricket, Miller responded with the famous quote: "pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not".

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
In 1905 The Hon F.S.Jackson had called correctly in the first 4 Tests of an Ashes series.

The story is told that, before the start of the 5th Test the Australian Captain Joe Darling, a man of fine physique and exceptional physical strength, knocked on the door of the England dressing room and offered to wrestle Jackson in place of the toss. Jackson agreed but nominated George Hirst as his Champion to wrestle in his place.

Darling withdrew his offer.

He then proceeded to lose the toss.