• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ won an early warm-up game by 5 wickets against the Windies apparently. Possible NZ even thought this out thoroughly enough to bat first, knowing if Pakistan had the same bright idea they could start bowling 5 wides and Amir-grade no-balls if you let them bowl last.

Anyway, possible Pakistan could claim some advantage from any bounce in the pitch against India, NZ takes the 'Windies sides don't post W-W-W-W' scratchy ticket.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
India aren't safe from Zimbabwe on the points table yet, that strutting little stylist Unmukt Chand and co. undone purely by arrogance maybe.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Under 19 (under 20 for associates) on the 1st of September the year before the Cup takes place, so the 'under 19' wording is flat-out lying re: the minnows, and stretching the truth for the big teams.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
watched the first few overs of the england game last night. Bell-Drummond looked so nervous and short on confidence. Big worry for England given it's normally him or Foakes with the runs.

No James Overton is somewhat of a surprise. Possibly rested for the quarters? or they wanted to look at Ali? Maybe for the quarters play Ali and Overton and get rid of one of the lightweight allrounders- i Would suggest Ball but getting rid of the captain before a WC quarterfinal seems prettty drastic.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Under 19 (under 20 for associates) on the 1st of September the year before the Cup takes place, so the 'under 19' wording is flat-out lying re: the minnows, and stretching the truth for the big teams.
It's kinda taken the joy from my country being top of the table, lol.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Didn't like the look of Bell-Drummond that much, obviously super talented, but I'd be surprised if his batting didn't look decidedly different by the next time I see him.

theegyptian

Didn't like the look of Bell-Drummond that much, obviously super talented, but I'd be surprised if his batting didn't look decidedly different by the next time I see him.
yes he looked like a 15 year old kid rather than someone who has got already got favourable reviews in the english press.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I've seen him play - scored 60 odd against my beloved club side in last season's one-day semi final on a sticky one.

Loves to drive. Pretty determined sort of character. And what I didn't realise until yesterday is that he's Mark O'Donnell's son...so no doubt he's getting fed plenty of balls in the nets. Still to develop physically and obviously is not yet 18, but technique wise looks very solid, got a good head on him and is certainly one for the future.

Interesting NZ left Sodhi out of their side today. Was their best bowler against Australia and Sri Lanka by all reports.
Cool, thanks for the details. If he can play at that level when hasn't filled out much at 17 then plenty of room for improvement (sez someone who was very weedy at 17)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afghanistan used to have several overage players. Not sure about how it is now, with all the bone tests and shiz they do before most tournaments.

NasserFan207

Afghanistan used to have several overage players. Not sure about how it is now, with all the bone tests and shiz they do before most tournaments.
Quite a few of them look overage, but unsure how much of that is growing up in a tough country like Afghanistan

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have inside sauces saying as recently as 2 years back they were fielding overage players. Lots of countries were doing it until they started the tests and threatened to disqualify entire teams if players were caught cheating they system. At least that's how it works in the ACC age groups.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's such a cliche, "Pakistan changes their ages" etc. but this guy, it's not a good look tbh! The PCB has him as one year younger than Cricinfo...now
Salman Afridi | Pakistan Cricket Team | Official Cricket Profiles | PCB

A few weeks ago... :-O
Haha, wow. If there are any media reading this would make a pretty good yarn.

Whatever happened to Hasan Raza, incidentally? Man, that guy could play at '14'.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It's such a cliche, "Pakistan changes their ages" etc. but this guy, it's not a good look tbh! The PCB has him as one year younger than Cricinfo...now

A few weeks ago... :-O
No big deal there are a lot of DoB misreporting on PCB website one of the players Ehsan Adil was mentioned 12 years and some days few months back currently they list him as 18 years and some days, knowing the working culture at PCB these sort of inconsistencies in data are very much expected.