• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

SeamUp

International Coach
SAF rotated the four front line seamers who played Bangers & brought in 2 seamers, spinner & a batsman v Namibia. Worked out well to get through the overs.

Probable Quarter-final line-up ?

Australia vs Bangladesh/Sri Lanka
South Africa v England
West Indies v New Zealand
Pakistan v India

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Best action from today to make a couple of clips from, anyone? Seems quite a bit to choose from.
Any chance of some of Dockrell's spell? I wouldn't mind seeing if he was bowling brilliantly, or if Australia were just ultra-conservative against him.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Any chance of some of Dockrell's spell? I wouldn't mind seeing if he was bowling brilliantly, or if Australia were just ultra-conservative against him.
No sorry, India and Zim got the TV game.

SA vs. England and Pakistan vs. India the televised quarters, nice.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the way his "touch of arrogance" and "confidence" were repeatedly mentioned in that vid. Guy looks like an annoying **** tbh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the way his "touch of arrogance" and "confidence" were repeatedly mentioned in that vid. Guy looks like an annoying **** tbh.
haha wtf are you basing this on. he's actually a pretty mild guy from what i read on cricinfo. writes diaries and stuff.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I dunno he just looked really annoying when I was watching him bat yesterday, something about that "strut" they mentioned. Its really pronounced and its really annoying. Can't you let a guy make judgements on a guy he's only seen bat once? :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough :p

Guess there's also the kohli effect, where now every new Indian youngster will be scrutinized for dickheadishness thoroughly before judgement on his character is passed.

Thus far Rahul Sharma has failed miserably. Umesh Yadav is on the brink. Pujara should be a healthy pass.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Every Indian batter becomes 5x more dislikeable when Shastri (who is the lovechild of a Botham/Healy/Nicholas threeway) is commentating

Regardless though, Chand definitely seems like a talented player.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Got my wish for Lizaad Williams to be replaced by one of Solo Nqweni or Jan Frylinck.

Sri Lanka in tatters here at 49/6 in the 13th over v SAF

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish the BCCI had held off on naming their 'A' squad to play in NZ next month. Chand is coming but Sharma and Passi (with recent match practice, heavy air, dubious pitches) would've given our shadow Test top 6 the ****s.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn’t look like a vintage Sri Lanka side, look set to get rolled out for less than 100 against South Africa. Corne Dry with 4 for 6 off 6 overs.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn’t look like a vintage Sri Lanka side, look set to get rolled out for less than 100 against South Africa. Corne Dry with 4 for 6 off 6 overs.
See Calvin Savage is listed as outright fast (although we all know Cricinfo spins a wheel on that a lot of the time).

Take it everyone in SA would say de Kock will be the first into the Proteas from this side? Is there a clear-cut second after that?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
See Calvin Savage is listed as outright fast (although we all know Cricinfo spins a wheel on that a lot of the time).

Take it everyone in SA would say de Kock will be the first into the Proteas from this side? Is there a clear-cut second after that?
Very difficult to say, probably one of the bowlers but not for a long, long time, and anything can happen from now til then.

Great little rearguard from Tharanga making SL's score a bit more respectable.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not surprisingly NZ batsmen struggling against Pakistan - another rescue job for O'Donnell and Walsh. 83/3 though 30 overs gone.

O'Donnell has done pretty well so far - what does anyone know about his batting? Kippax - is thereany footage?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I've seen him play - scored 60 odd against my beloved club side in last season's one-day semi final on a sticky one.

Loves to drive. Pretty determined sort of character. And what I didn't realise until yesterday is that he's Mark O'Donnell's son...so no doubt he's getting fed plenty of balls in the nets. Still to develop physically and obviously is not yet 18, but technique wise looks very solid, got a good head on him and is certainly one for the future.

Interesting NZ left Sodhi out of their side today. Was their best bowler against Australia and Sri Lanka by all reports.

Last edited: