• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Howsie

International Captain
Still maintain Craig Cachopa is the better out of the three brothers, although that record of his should be taken with a grain of salt.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Carl's got out trying to leave or defend Grant Elliott, Shanan Stewart and Matt Quinn now, he's not going to make it I'd suggest, but I know I could make a much sweeter ****ness montage of Craig. Really snuffles his way into the runs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Dougeh getting a couple of wickets for CD. Ian Butler continues to clean up for Otago.

Mike5181

International Captain
Small completely outperformed Bracewell there. It'll be interesting to see how Verma goes with the ball.

Mike5181

International Captain
100 FC wickets at 37 Bracewell.
His test record isn't quite as bad tbf. Still, he's going to need to improve if he's going to keep his place in the test side. There's plenty of guys averaging in the mid-20s in the Plunket Shield in that 20-22 age range.

Blain

U19 Captain
Great to see Small getting wickets, even if he is carrying an injury.

Rutherford in the runs again, 68*. I reckon he will either be out for 75 early tomorrow, 90 odd, or get a big one. Then back it up with a 5 in the second innings (Big fan of the guy, just seems the way he's working atm).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
His test record isn't quite as bad tbf. Still, he's going to need to improve if he's going to keep his place in the test side. There's plenty of guys averaging in the mid-20s in the Plunket Shield in that 20-22 age range.
And precisely how many of them can stay fit again? Even Bevan Small is battling a niggling rib injury at the moment. Milne and Wheeler have been out since X-mas. Henry hasn't played an fc match in 12 months. Unless Gillespie suddenly rediscovers his form of last season I really don't think Bracewell's position is under threat.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
And precisely how many of them can stay fit again? Even Bevan Small is battling a niggling rib injury at the moment. Milne and Wheeler have been out since X-mas. Henry hasn't played an fc match in 12 months. Unless Gillespie suddenly rediscovers his form of last season I really don't think Bracewell's position is under threat.
I don't really care about a niggling rib injury, or a one/two-month injury. I'm talking long-term here. If all of Henry, Small, Wheeler, Milne, Verma etc continue performing to the same standard they have so far in their short careers, of course one of them will come through and threaten Bracewell's spot. Heck, if Bracewell doesn't improve his first-class bowling average of 37 he'll end up losing his spot to Ian ****ing Butler.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, yeah. Not sure anyone maintaining a Jacob Duffy parody Twitter account can really answer a national call-up in good faith, so we'll see.

Bond would probably see quite a lot of his own nature in Mitch tbh. Earnest 26 y.o. without a great domestic record Mitch, bullied as a child, bowled valiantly through the serious pain of his injuries, now lives on little more than broccoli and idolises Chris Martin's way of life, he's just that earnest. Versus Doug, the cruising, abrasive jock, actually expelled for bullying, nicknamed NASA for his mental capacity.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Awesome recovery Wellington. Checked the score earlier today at 1/140 and thought we were going to be facing another huge score. Did very well to skittle them out for 329. Boam WAG.

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh:Where do you learn all this **** Kippax? Or are you just the worlds greatest tall story machine?

CdG got out in such an awkward way today.

Last edited: