• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quick World ATG XI draft- No Bradman

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeah, go for this :

Round 1 : Random <---> Round 2 : Reverse of Round 1
Round 3 : Random <---> Round 4 : Reverse of Round 3
Round 11 : Random <---> Round 12 : Reverse of Round 11

watson

Banned
Monk's not on-line at the minute any way. This game could take a gazzillion years to finish.

I'm happy going last in the first round anyway when all the really good ones are gone and I'm left with the weedy nerdy guy who wets his pants during class.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
it isn't that random......

my picking order is

No its not. Its 3,6,3,6 etc.

= 9 per two rounds
1,8 = 9
2,7 = 9
3,6 = 9
4,5 = 9
5,4 = 9
6,3 = 9
7,2 = 9
8,1 = 9

I don't know why people hate this 'snake' system, who do you think it favours the most?

Last edited:

watson

Banned
it isn't that random......

my picking order is

Relative to what though? Any how, just pick someone as we've already started the first round. It would be weird to randomise the latter 2 thirds of a round in hindsight. lol

Jager

International Debutant
Definitely favours middle order picks, or even late order picks. I say that because there are perhaps 15 players who have the 'woah' factor when you see them in a team- Imran, Marshall, Sobers, Hobbs etc., and if you have a selection at the start, you tend to miss out on a whole heap of good selections before your next. Obviously it's worse the bigger the draft is, like in the Taboo draft where we had 20 players it was a big factor.

Himannv

International Coach
No, I'll have to agree with the others. The rounds need to be re-randomized for rounds 3, 5 and so on. The advantage I have here is far too great. I've won a few drafts while being in very difficult positions in the list, so being as high as I am here might be a tad unfair to the others.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
LOL. So we have one person saying it favours the late order picks or the middle picks and someone else saying that being first is too helpful.

Hmm..

Jager

International Debutant
I was lucky that you went ahead with Miller. I was afraid that Imran would be taken by the time my turn came :p

and Imran > Miller. Fact :ph34r:
I was going to take him just to annoy you, but I had to choose the better player in the end :D

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It's pretty random, in a non random way! And easy to keep track of who is going when.

I think it's a fair but orderly way to do this, but democracy rules, so if the people demand it....

Anyway, my pick is Richard Hadlee. I'd have taken Imran, but just missed out!

I'll keep selections updated on page 1.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Round 1

Himannv- Garry Sobers

Jager- Keith Miller

smalishah84- Imran Khan

zaremba- Malcolm Marshall

Monk- Richard Hadlee

rvd619323

kingkallis

watson