• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Where would I be possibly find a full highlights set of yesterday (Day 3). Something a bit more comprehensive than the 8 min clip I was able to find up to now. Unfortunately in my country it is a bit expensive to watch away series. Having said that - I am sitting with my sorry a$$ at work anyway.

Thanks

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Samuels, Chanderpaul - guys who were willing to get stuck in there (and even Sammy at times during the past series) - did very well against this same attack two months ago. No surprise what's happening here. And the supporters now suggesting Finn over Bresnan? Weren't the same guys flabbergasted at the notion after that first Test against the WI where he looked so toothless, then proceeded to grab a few cheap wickets against a ****house batting order? Finn is going to be leader of this bowling unit, and it's about time he gets his chance ahead of the trundler that Bresnan is (now).
Nothing new there. Batsmen who leave the ball well and who are prepared to be patient have done well against this attack - see Hussey, Michael in the 2010/11 Ashes, Rahul Dravid last year etc. It's the compulsive drivers who have been made to look crap by this attack.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith makes a ton. Sky interview him and overplay it with Swann beating his bat as Nick Knight yaps up a bowler with the score at 400-2.

Stay classy.

bombay_bomber

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is the beauty of SkyC.....the way they get a batsman to analyze his innings...even someone as one-dimensional as Graeme Smith

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing new there. Batsmen who leave the ball well and who are prepared to be patient have done well against this attack - see Hussey, Michael in the 2010/11 Ashes, Rahul Dravid last year etc. It's the compulsive drivers who have been made to look crap by this attack.
Agreed. Patience is the key with facing England, and South Africa is one of the teams in world cricket who aren't obsessed with scoring at 4 an over. Pakistan did the same thing, as did Sri Lanka - they wouldn't mind leaving the ball incessantly, going along at 2.5 an over and waiting for the bowlers to bowl where the batsmen wanted it.

A guy like Anderson will work you out eventually, but Broad, Bresnan and Swann can be countered pretty well by waiting them out - Broad and Swann in particular are ultra-aggressive, they want every ball to take a wicket. If you deny them that, they stray into other areas to try and make something happen. And, in the case of Graeme Smith, he could play to his strengths and accelerate, after patiently grinding them down.

If things go right with this English attack, they'll rip through anyone IMO. But if the batsmen are patient, the track isn't hugely helpful or whatever, they can end up having 1-300 days.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking forward to seeing how South Africa go about the remainder of their innings. I hope they can get to 650 (265 lead) and have about 20 overs at England today with Kallis and Tahir bowling no more than 1 over between them today.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah disagree on Kallis. If they bowl 20 overs I think you'd be silly not to give him 3-4.

Shouldn't bowl the last or second last though