• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England 2012

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh against WI would be a great series now...
Inside the subcontinent, it would be. Outside of the subcontinent, the Bangladesh spinners would be ordinary and the West Indian pacers would be more effective. Also, and it pains me to say this, you cannot judge a team by how they play against England in England because they're just too damn good. Let's hope SA or WI later in the series can put up a fight.

Jacknife

International Captain
Bren hardly got a ball above 79mph then, very gentle stuff and now similar from Broad.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Have a question based on a discussion with my friend; why is Trott used as a fifth bowler more than Bell? Bell looks a much better bowler to me.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have a question based on a discussion with my friend; why is Trott used as a fifth bowler more than Bell? Bell looks a much better bowler to me.
How have your friends come to this conclusion? I don't think I've ever seen Ian Bell bowl.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
So frustrating to get past that opening spell only to lose a bunch of wickets in stupid ways.

Oh well. Chanderpaul to remain not out this series?

Jacknife

International Captain
Pitch gone flatter and flatter as the day went on, soon as the new ball got over about 20 overs there wasn't much in it. WI have dug in and England will now probably have to bat again, they'll have to work to take the rest of these WI wickets.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pitch gone flatter and flatter as the day went on, soon as the new ball got over about 20 overs there wasn't much in it. WI have dug in and England will now probably have to bat again, they'll have to work to take the rest of these WI wickets.
Emphasises how significant giving away those 3 wickets has been