Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UDRS STUFF relating to the Australia in the West Indies 2012

International Regular WindieWeathers's Avatar

UDRS STUFF relating to the Australia in the West Indies 2012

We've been absolutely robbed today!!!.. i can't believe they overturned that decision when there was no evidence whatsoever to suggest that it wasn't out!!, just disgraceful and it's blatant favoritism like that which brings light to the notion that the ICC are in bed with certain teams!!!.. , they did it to Sri-lanka the other day and they've done it to us today,

I remember when we last toured Australia and we were 33 runs away from victory in the last test and they gave Roach out even though it wasn't conclusive, if the shoe was on the other foot you just know we'd be four down by now, we've been well on top this morning and that would have really put the heat on the Aussies but now they've been given a life line and that might be our chances of winning gone now!! .

Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    We've been absolutely robbed today!!!.. i can't believe they overturned that decision when there was no evidence whatsoever to suggest that it wasn't out!!, just disgraceful and it's blatant favoritism like that which brings light to the notion that the ICC are in bed with certain teams!!!.. , they did it to Sri-lanka the other day and they've done it to us today,

I remember when we last toured Australia and we were 33 runs away from victory in the last test and they gave Roach out even though it wasn't conclusive, if the shoe was on the other foot you just know we'd be four down by now, we've been well on top this morning and that would have really put the heat on the Aussies but now they've been given a life line and that might be our chances of winning gone now!! .
    It's one thing to bag the decision (I actually agree with you there) but the conspiracy theories of bias and favouritism are absolutely pathetic. You're better than that.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!

Top notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Agree with the idea the Windies are robbed.

But favouritism? Seems far-fetched to me. Any reasons you go that way, apart from these examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    It's one thing to bag the decision (I actually agree with you there) but the conspiracy theories of bias and favouritism are absolutely pathetic. You're better than that.
    Well what else can it be? i can't recall these sort of decisions going against the top ranked sides!!.. just amazing, the rule is "you can overturn it if there is evidence that suggests it's not out".. there was none, infact there was a clear noise that suggested he nicked it but as i said certain teams are allowed to get a life and others aren't.

Well what else can it be? i can't recall these sort of decisions going against the top ranked sides!!.. just amazing, the rule is "you can overturn it if there is evidence that suggests it's not out".. there was none, infact there was a clear noise that suggested he nicked it but as i said certain teams are allowed to get a life and others aren't.
    Yep, those Poms, Kiwis and Saffies really want the MID-TABLE AUSSIES to succeed

Sorry for going a bit academical on the statistics road, but here we go:

Well what else can it be?
    That's simply not an arguement. To suspect there is any favouritism, you need a dozen of examples of decision referrals gone wrong. To solidly claim there is any favouritism, you really need a data set of hundreds of examples of decision referrals (good ones and wrong ones). Other wise n is too small .

How did they do it to SL the other day, they went with the on field call and there was no evidence to over turn it, simple as that.

I completely agree with you in as far as this one should have stayed with the umpire. I'd be interested to hear from the 3rd umpire as to the reason he overturned it.

Well what else can it be?
    Human error? Bad luck? No it has to be a conspiracy. FMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    Sorry for going a bit academical on the statistics road, but here we go:

That's simply not an arguement. To suspect there is any favouritism, you need a dozen of examples of decision referrals gone wrong. To solidly claim there is any favouritism, you really need a data set of hundreds of examples of decision referrals (good ones and wrong ones). Other wise n is too small .
    Erm i've given three already!! ,

1. Roach in the third test of our 2009 tour of Australia

2. The Dilshan decision the other day vs England

3. today's shocking decision

People may disagree, but the fact is overturned decisions without anything conclusive just doesn't happen to the top ranked sides, it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Human error? Bad luck? No it has to be a conspiracy. FMD.
    The problem is the "human errors" seem to only happen to the lower ranked sides!!..if things were more even i wouldn't have made such claims, but sadly it isn't even.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Yep, those Poms, Kiwis and Saffies really want the MID-TABLE AUSSIES to succeed
    Against us? yep!!. .

People may disagree, but the fact is overturned decisions without anything conclusive just doesn't happen to the top ranked sides, it's as simple as that.
    I'll ask you again, what was wrong with the Dilshan one, if you're saying Clarke was out here, surely that means they got the right call in SL because they were practically the same. The original decision was upheld and since the on-field umpire had given it out, the third umpire didn't have conclusive evidence that he didn't hit it.

Not enough .

I can't recall the Roach decision of 2009. But the Dilshan decision was spot on, according to the rules of UDRS. No conclusive evidence whatsoever, so the on-field decision (OUT) stayed. That's the way the rule currently works, so I don't really see why you put the example up in the first place. Obviously, we are not discussing if the principle is right. Just the execution.

And yes, today the execution was simply wrong. Tough luck for the Windies. But I feel comfortable that Sammy will guide his men to victory nonetheless!

Against us? yep!!. .
    I really think most Poms would support WI against those bloody convict inbreeds .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information