• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 2nd Edition - No 41 - 50

smash84

The Tiger King
the next 10 should come out tonight......

there are some names there that some will think should have been much much higher

Edit: or should I qualify my statement to say that at least one name

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I didn't pick Walsh in my 25. He was a great bowler though. If Got Spin had of voted he would have picked Walsh very highly.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't pick Walsh in my 25. He was a great bowler though. If Got Spin had of voted he would have picked Walsh very highly.
Haha yeah, he is in our minority community in CW who rate Walsh very highly. Can it be disclosed who had Walsh at 12? Is it someone from the Carriebean?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lillee placing this low will absolutely shock me. I expect him to easily make the top 10 tbh.
He won't make into the top 10 in any CW list tbh. Did you keep him in top 10 in your list?

Last edited:

Eds

International Debutant
Lillee didn't even make my 25. Had Walsh, McGrath, Davidson, Marshall, Barnes, Akram, Hadlee and Imran all in front of him as seamers.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lillee didn't even make my 25. Had Walsh, McGrath, Davidson, Marshall, Barnes, Akram, Hadlee and Imran all in front of him as seamers.
Mine too. I had Ambrose, Hadlee, Marshall, McGrath, Barnes, Walsh and Imran.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I think by and large Lillee is highly rated on this forum. Perhaps he won't make the top 10, but I still think he'll make the top 20.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think by and large Lillee is highly rated on this forum. Perhaps he won't make the top 10, but I still think he'll make the top 20.
Lillee barely made the top 20 last time IIRC so I think it would be difficult for him to make top 10 this time.

I think Lillee isn't rated quite highly on this forum

smash84

The Tiger King
haha.....should be posting in about two hours......I have to head out....will post it on return.....

some interesting names have cropped up to be honest.......new ones....and not many would have expected them to make it (deserving ones IMO nonetheless).......will be posting soon

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I wanted to play it with a straightish bat. Pleased to see that others have picked up the baton for me though.