• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who thrashed India harder?

WHO?

• Total voters

Himannv

International Coach
I don't know what the irrelevant third option is but I like pictures so I voted for that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Australia easily. India were in the hunt for a few games in England, plus there were injuries. This is about as full strength side as you can expect.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Against England we were undercooked, unprepared and had serious injury concerns. In this series we've had Khan, a full test series to prepare, our full strength batting lineup, as well as a genuine chance against a shaky Australian batting order which we decided to bowl into form (not saying they haven't batted well ftr)

Overall though, England can say that each player that got a chance to play against us had at least one match winning performance, and they played as a great unit. Australia have had Marsh, Haddin and Lyon being largely passengers in the side.

Uppercut

Australia easily. India were in the hunt for a few games in England, plus there were injuries. This is about as full strength side as you can expect.
India came far closer to winning at the MCG than they did in any of the games in England. I think Sehwag and Zaheer are the only two of the current first XI who weren't available for the England tests? Also you had Praveen back then.

This one's probably worse, though. Definitely imagine it hurts more, anyway. It doesn't feel like a freak result anymore.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Australia are really taking India to the cleaners.

The Aussies seem to score runs at will and whatever RR they desire.

Their bowling attack seems relentless too and some of the pitches have had awesome bounce which makes the Indian batting hop around quite a bit making them look like amateurs

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Australia are really taking India to the cleaners.

The Aussies seem to score runs at will and whatever RR they desire.

Their bowling attack seems relentless too and some of the pitches have had awesome bounce which makes the Indian batting hop around quite a bit making them look like amateurs
Not like England pummelled 700 in a Test was it.

2nd innings at Trent Bridge was the biggest thrashing I've seen.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Been thinking about this for a while.

Australia haven't quite dominated with the bat, bar 3 players, whereas every English player scored runs against India. Also worth noting after the first innings at Trent Bridge we didn't score below 500 in the rest of the series.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
India were in a winning position in one of the tests in England, but managed to still get thrashed in it. India had a pretty good shout of winning the Melbourne test as well.

Daemon

Whoever changed the thread title, (and sorry about the '****ed') but seriously, 'thrashed' doesn't do justice to what we've been through. For some reason I can only think of crude words when it comes to India was ____ by Aus/Eng.

Also now the ITO doesn't make sense

Last edited:

Daemon

Should be noted that most Indians will pick Aus just because of the sheer humiliation of having a second whitewash abroad while talking up our team just before the start of the series.