• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair effort by the Cantabs if that's the case, 151 shouldn't be impossible.
I was there a few weeks back for the Cantab vs. Wellington 20:20. Looks very deceptive on TV actually. Really short Cow boundary on one side in particular.

I see Canterbury have rolled out a couple more of their youths for this game - McEwan and Johnston. I'm particularly interested in seeing Ed Nuttall though. I've heard good things. Anyone seen him before?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was there a few weeks back for the Cantab vs. Wellington 20:20. Looks very deceptive on TV actually. Really short Cow boundary on one side in particular.
Hmmm. Clearly the commentators disagree with me. Maybe it's very deceptive when you're at the ground instead? Didn't seem that big when I was there. Hmmff

Briony

International Debutant
SA's batting would be better if Albie M. got to face more. Hard to see why Ingram and Ontong play T20. Levi has looked the real deal in this format of late though.

SeamUp

International Coach
SA's batting would be better if Albie M. got to face more. Hard to see why Ingram and Ontong play T20. Levi has looked the real deal in this format of late though.
Yeah, Albie prob should bat 6.

Also got my doubts on Ingram and Ontong. Hopefully others in our PRO20 season starting today can put them under pressure.

I've seen Levi since he was a schoolboy prodigy, better than being pigeon holed a limited overs player only. Should be in limited overs squad as well as t20 at this stage. And I agree with former SA player Peter Kirsten in that he has potential for the longer version as well. Obv has to iron out a few things and a while away from a test squad but defo a talent.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I see Canterbury have rolled out a couple more of their youths for this game - McEwan and Johnston. I'm particularly interested in seeing Ed Nuttall though. I've heard good things. Anyone seen him before?
Can see him bowl a couple of balls in the list A highlights on blackcaps website. Left arm, swings it, whippy action - basically Trent Boult 2. Might not be as quick though.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'm surprised Oram getting injured is still news. There should be news to say that he is fit to play. Will save trees, and my kids kids could live longer.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know why, but I really do want him to do well. Has an aura of gun-ness which outshines his fairly crappy stats.
Whilst I have a vested interest, I'm one of those people that wants everyone who plays for NZ to do well. I see what you mean though, you see the talent. Good from you.

Oram can't hold a pen but he can hold a ball and bowl it? I don't know if I believe that.