• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Woodster

International Captain
The breakthorugh, and no surprise it's Petersen that's gone. He seemed overly intent on trying to dominate the NZ attack in that innings, resulting in quite a wreckless knock. Good catch from Southee there because he did hit that sweetly.

Woodster

International Captain
Guptill doing his best to prove Doull absolutely wrong with a stunning effort in second slip. Tough one to decide if it has carried though, but he's given him! Big wicket, another one for the increasingly impressive Bracewell.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
When it comes to catches, I reckon it should be out unless there is conclusive evidence that it isn't.

Benefit of the doubt with the fielder.

BeeGee

International Captain
Richardson is such an idiot.

Who's a bigger moron Mark "he didn't catch it" Richardson or Simon "Guptil not a slipper" Doull?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow. Bracewell really is awesome, isn't he? Completely different bowler in Tests to the erratic, expensive limited-overs version.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
He certainly did. Sometimes it's like he doesn't pay any attention at all to cricket that's happened before (apart from his own glittering test career of course).

Good work Braces.
LOL. During yesterday's commentary Doull's context for calling Guptill "not a slipper" was as an example to explain how the best outfielder's don't always make good slippers.

"Best fielder in the team, but anything but a slipper........ "

Phil Hughes begs to differ.

Doull is an example of how the best swing bowlers don't make good commentators. I loved watching him bowl, but can't listen to him, but then I watch most of my cricket with mute on anyway.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This almost sickens me to the stomach but I think I'm going to defend Doull (to a point) for the second time this week....

Guptill isn't a world-class slipper..yet. He still has spacial things to work out, as exhibited by crossing Ross' path a couple of times in Hobart, and dropped a sitter in the first innings.

But he sees it early and we know he's got a brilliant set of hands. Definitely the man that needs to be at 2nd and in time, with work, he'll be a completely dependable option there.

To say he's anything but a slipper is a stupid, Doull-like comment though.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Well, as long as you have linked your Sky Account it should work.

Maybe just keep on trying. Use different browsers?

I'm watching it right now, so it's just you. It's funny how iSKY is ahead of my TV by about a second.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Richardson is such an idiot.

Who's a bigger moron Mark "he didn't catch it" Richardson or Simon "Guptil not a slipper" Doull?
Interesting question. I'd argue that Doull provides more consistent but possibly less outrageous idiocy. He's somewhat like Ian Healy, pretty much just spewing complete rubbish the whole time and occasionally outdoing himself with something truly ridiculous. Richardson, generally, spins a decent yarn but is prone to the odd bout of moronic drivel. I prefer Richardson most of the time, just wish we had another decent commentator who he could spar with like Mulligan on CGW.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nah, that's bull**** comms.
Who says the benefit of the doubt HAS to go to the batsman?

You hardly ever get enough "evidence" to give a catch when it is reviewed. You think these guys would realise this given there job is to sit there and watch a **** load of cricket.