• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

We will beat Aussies at home: Srinivasan

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The reason I feel he would make a good captain is that he actually cares about all 3 forms of the game and hates losing. That is a better start than some of the others in the team right now, tbh. He is a reasonably honest bloke as well although, his bitching from time to time does get annoying.
But is he a permanent member of the test team ATM? I understand that he is still worthy of his place in the team, but say for example, if he fails in one more series his place in the side maybe questioned.

Otherwise, I don't have any problem with his captaincy. But we don't need a captain in the side whose place in the side maybe questioned from time to time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much as I bag him, the comments about Gambhir being a decent medium-long term captain for India seem pretty spot on. He has a touch of the Ganguly arrogance to him. Assuming he's tactically astute and has the respect of his team mates, it makes a bit of sense to have him as captain IMO.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Much as I bag him, the comments about Gambhir being a decent medium-long term captain for India seem pretty spot on. He has a touch of the Ganguly arrogance to him. Assuming he's tactically astute and has the respect of his team mates, it makes a bit of sense to have him as captain IMO.
As he and Kohli are really the only two players in the current line-up who I'd confidently say will still be in the side in 24 months time, I guess he's the obvious choice if a change is to be made.

However, his comments on the wickets around the world make me wonder. He obviously thinks the wickets in the series in England and Australia have been overly bowler-friendly, which is not what most of us observers would say (it's not like the English and Australian batsmen haven't scored a few runs after all). Whenever they next venture beyond the subcontinent and find a wicket with a bit of green in it, it's not hard to imagine him simply thinking "too hard", which is not exactly what you want from your skipper.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As he and Kohli are really the only two players in the current line-up who I'd confidently say will still be in the side in 24 months time, I guess he's the obvious choice if a change is to be made.
He'll need to pick his game up again to still be around IMO - been poor for quite some time, not just limited to the last 2 away series.

DriveClub

International Regular
Even though title said Aussies this is ****ing hilarious :laugh:

If we win as well it'll be the best troll ever lmao

Top_Cat

Negligible point when India don't have a spinner to pick for themselves, tbh. Honestly don't even think they're good enough to stop a decent visiting side right now.

Going to come right out and predict it; India are going down to the next half-decent touring side and then many of their fans, politicians and officials will really have absolutely nowhere to go.
Gonna go right ahead and claim this one.

Spark

Global Moderator
FTR I reckon that given adequate preparation, a Test series in India vs either us or England in the near future would be a fairly comfortable victory to the away team. Not because we're awesome, we aren't, but the gap between the general "cricket" standard and the professionalism between the former and latter is just staggering atm. It's not like Indian conditions are that alien nowadays.
Yeah this is the post I was referring to in the tour thread.

Daemon

It appears that I posted about a possible England series win as well. A lot of people did, in fact.