• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you now like Michael Clarke?

Do you know like Michael Clarke?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L Trumper

State Regular
Always liked him. Will be great if he ends up with a mid to high 40s average, then it will be brilliant to reminisce and romanticize what would've been. But **** seems to moving towards 50+ average .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What does it feel like knowing your Round 1 pick is just a little bit better than a Round 6 one? :p

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
has never scored below 329 where playing with a clean skin bat. bradmanesque i'm sure you agree

Spark

Global Moderator
Growing on me, tbh.

I'll never be an actual fan, but his captaincy has been very tidy so far. If he manages a few more lolgenius leaves and claims a few less catches on the bounce his ascent will continue.
Improving.

Xuhaib

International Coach
massive respect calling closure on the innings in respect of Inzi.

What a great gesture:)

JBMAC

State Captain
I would rate his innings in the current game as one of the top ten I have witnessed.Having said that I find him shallow and self centred in his private life, has displayed only limited skills at Test Captaincy at this stage(far too early to pass logical judgement).When he has a record of say 30 odd Tests with a win/loss/draw ratio then I will pass judgement on this. For now just let him bask in the glory of one of the greatest innings ever seen at the SCG.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Shouldnt Clarke be charged with minnow bashing for feasting on pie chuckers like Yadav, Ashwin and Sharma? :ph34r:

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Growing on me probably. He's been batting quite well, particularly when he came down here and has somewhat earned some respect from me which he didn't have before. So yeah, Michael Clarke, good player.

TumTum

Banned
Cool.

What I liked about this innings was that he could have made as many runs as he wanted if he could have batted longer. Ponting usually goes into slog mode when he gets to 200 and eventually you feel he'll get out but Clarke kept up the same tempo from the moment he came in, playing quality strokes. Great innings.