Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "Scorecard says it's even, but my team can't win" thread: Gambhiring

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I agree. Whenever the game is even, eg my team has a 450 run lead, it's quite annoying not to admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I agree. Whenever the game is even, eg my team has a 450 run lead, it's quite annoying not to admit it.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    When you've followed NZ cricket for a while, you'll have watched strong and even positions pissed away so frequently that Gambhiring becomes the normal and logical approach.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Haha they've got nothing on India overseas in the 90s. Anyone who hasn't been though that cant understand how deep in your soul the pessimism takes hold.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Haha they've got nothing on India overseas in the 90s. Anyone who hasn't been though that cant understand how deep in your soul the pessimism takes hold.
    Australia in the 80s was the same. From about 84-88 in tests especially. Fmd. Dire (Dyer).
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    South Australia, we fill the team with interstate players and still finish near the bottom every season getting belted. Plus we manage a FC score of 20-30 once every couple of years.

The thing with that team in the 80s, they had some hideous results, but they picked some blokes who became bloody good players out of it. I think the selectors then were Sawle, John Benaud and Chappell. They had this policy of basically picking blokes they reckoned would blossom even if not ready then. Boon, Waugh, Healy, Hughes to name a few.

Given Chappell's record in more recent times, I think it was a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Australia in the 80s was the same. From about 84-88 in tests especially. Fmd. Dire (Dyer).
    0 overseas test wins in a decade? That takes some doing.

0 overseas test wins in a decade? That takes some doing.
    Losing a series at home to NZ and drawing with an Indian team which had Kapil and no other bowler in the same season was bad, then losing the next home Ashes to an attack led by Defreitas, Emburey and Edmonds was low tbf.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Being an England fan prior to the 21st century, and for a few pockets here and there in the 21st is worse, IMO
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Ghambiring / anti-jinxing is a treasured CW past time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    the Pakistani fans have real need of anti-jinxing

Pak has lost the most matches from winning situations due to their own stupidity.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Nah look, at least you could win tests at home.

Since 2007 I count about three victories against top eight opposition and lots of Manchester/Ahmenarebad style throwing it away from nearly invincible positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    That OT Test was epic.

When choosing which Test to attend that year, it was between that and the Headingley Test against Saffa. Thought the Headingley one would be the better option. Still, I got to see the best (read:not best) Pattinson play for England.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hipster Burgey.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information