• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Scorecard says it's even, but my team can't win" thread: Gambhiring

smash84

The Tiger King
the Pakistani fans have real need of anti-jinxing

Pak has lost the most matches from winning situations due to their own stupidity.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha they've got nothing on India overseas in the 90s. Anyone who hasn't been though that cant understand how deep in your soul the pessimism takes hold.
Nah look, at least you could win tests at home.

Since 2007 I count about three victories against top eight opposition and lots of Manchester/Ahmenarebad style throwing it away from nearly invincible positions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That OT Test was epic.

When choosing which Test to attend that year, it was between that and the Headingley Test against Saffa. Thought the Headingley one would be the better option. Still, I got to see the best (read:not best) Pattinson play for England. :@

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's Symondsing?
It's a poor attempt at imitation which rightly never took off.

Brought to you by the same people who try to rip off nicknames and give them to their own favourite players because they haven't the imagination to think of one themselves/ know nothing about nickname etiquette.

Bijed

International Regular
It's a poor attempt at imitation which rightly never took off.

Brought to you by the same people who try to rip off nicknames and give them to their own favourite players because they haven't the imagination to think of one themselves/ know nothing about nickname etiquette.
Yeah, I read that at the time.- was never completely sure if you were being 100% serious but shall respect it anyway (though I will confess to originally wanting Herath to be TPC, hope you can forgive that)

Burgey

I can understand the sentiment surrounding Herath, he's a gun and worthy of a nickname which bestows upon him a unique title in the game. Those sort of things are rare and not given out lightly. Not sure who called him "His Roundness" but it's perfect - takes in the physical attribute which makes him so lovable to the average man, yet still sets him apart by bestowing a Royal moniker. It's nicknaming splendour, five stars. And a lot better than calling him TPC or another nickname which someone else already has.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The greatest thing about that thread and all these nicknames is how much it annoys Burgey. He just has a thing for Aussie Captains who have not been good enough to hold down their own nick names and have had much better cricketers and people take them up and actually live up to it. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Burgey

I just have a thing for teatcaptains who are able to hold onto the gig for more than 12months at a time without it effecting their own performances and seeing their batting fall by the way side.
Which basically rule are out every Indian batting skipper from Gavaskar onwards, except Ganguly who was mediocre to start with.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just have a thing for teatcaptains who are able to hold onto the gig for more than 12months at a time without it effecting their own performances and seeing their batting fall by the way side.
Which basically rule are out every Indian batting skipper from Gavaskar onwards, except Ganguly who was mediocre to start with.

Nah... wrong..

Kaptain Kohli took over in Jan 2015..