• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bracewell should have been given the Man of the match

Arachnodouche

International Captain
4 below par innings scores suggests a helpful bowling pitch. Scoring an unbeaten ton as opener in your second test in the fourth innings is pretty special...almost carried his side through too.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This. Does anyone actually really remember them down the track?
The people that got them? Yep, them. No one remembers what happens in random Twenty20 internationals, shall we not have them too?

If no one cares, don't have MoMs. If they do (and clearly they do, there's a thread on them plus quite a few articles) then don't use a Mickey Mouse voting system where people from one country are allowed to vote DURING the Test (not at the conclusion) on text messaging.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm really surprised it's got so much press and general attention. It was a bit dire but in the end it's a very meh issue for me.

And that's coming from someone who would never, ever give the award to a player from the losing side under any circumstances.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^ Bunch of idiots tbh, Surely when pondering the prospect of the public voting on MOTM, they would have discussed the pros & cons in advance? Clearly not, it's only afterwards they spot the obvious flaw....morons

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Had the Australian public not voted Warner as MOTM, but it been a panel of cricket experts or whatever, it would not have got the attention it has.

It was **** that people can vote for MOTM. This is the main gripe, and they are using this as an avenue to prove it really.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Had the Australian public not voted Warner as MOTM, but it been a panel of cricket experts or whatever, it would not have got the attention it has.

It was **** that people can vote for MOTM. This is the main gripe, and they are using this as an avenue to prove it really.
I actually think the most ridiculous thing about it was that you had to vote before the match even ended, even though it had gone down to the wire.

Half the people who voted for Warner probably thought Australia were going to win anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reminds me of the 2002 AFL Grand Final, where the expert panel chose the Norm Smith medallist (best on ground) around 10 minutes before the finish or something.

A player who didn't get it, Michael Voss, played amazingly from that point and arguably won his team the game, but it was too late.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually think the most ridiculous thing about it was that you had to vote before the match even ended, even though it had gone down to the wire.

Half the people who voted for Warner probably thought Australia were going to win anyway.
Exactly. And it's been turned into a good old fashioned jingoistic Trans-Tasman dustup when it's nothing of the sort.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With all that said, I vaguely remember Michael Clarke winning a MOTM against NZ in an ODI couple of years back after scoring a fairly slow & laboured 98 which NZ chased down to win. So even with the panel, they still may have picked Warner.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Bunch of idiots tbh, Surely when pondering the prospect of the public voting on MOTM, they would have discussed the pros & cons in advance? Clearly not, it's only afterwards they spot the obvious flaw....morons
I think they just hoped it would be a bit longer before the obvious flaws in such a system were exposed. I think 9 out of 10 test matches wouldn't have produced such a controversial result. I think it's a good thing that something liked this happened and the madness was stopped before it could get widely accepted by the public.