• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'll probably do it and james' one. could be good for a laugh. set up a league benchmark00

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
There are so many things wrong with this competition. But it's State Cricket, so I'm interested.

Sixers all the way!

Redbacks

International Captain
T-r--AIT-or back in SA for a game.

How are they going to work out CL spots. Will teams just recruit all the best T20 players from other franchises after the event?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Which team is favorite & what is the quota of overseas players?
2 overseas players allowed in the playing XI. The South Oz team have recruited 3 overseas players though.

Melbourne Renegades are actually the favourite according to BetStar, with Melbourne Stars next. Perth Scorchers are outsiders at 9.00.

Originally I felt as though the Stars would be the favourites, but when you look at the fire power in the Renegades line-up they probably do deserve the favourites tag.

I'm going for the Heat.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Depends where you look.

Brisbane Heat
*daylight*
Melbourne Stars
Sydney Thunder
Melbourne Renegades
Sydney Sixers
Perth Scorchers
Adelaide Strikers
Hobart Hurricanes

In other news, just met Dwayne Bravo. WAG

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah it does depend where you look, it appears a pretty even comp.

I've just created a Fox Sports team.

Quiney-Forrest-Dussey-Harris-Davis
Afridi-Christian
Dunk
Doherty-Rimmington-MacGill-Doran.

There are some good all rounders (Pollard, Marsh, Faulkner, Maxwell) that I thought about bringing in.

Spikey

i was bout to make one but there's two kinda of leagues and well i couldn't make the tough call

Redbacks

International Captain

Which is better?

head2head league probably, that increases the banter.

Last edited:

Spikey

i mean, you don't wanna **** up and pick the wrong league

although we could just make both types of league.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty good point scoring in this comp. Love how they are a minus point for miss fields and dropped catches.

SCG MacGill probably isn't the best choice for that reason, but I'm hoping he takes like 5/42 each match.

It kind of makes me sick that I'm looking forward to the Big Bash..

Spikey

Pretty good point scoring in this comp. Love how they are a minus point for miss fields and dropped catches.

SCG MacGill probably isn't the best choice for that reason, but I'm hoping he takes like 5/42 each match.

It kind of makes me sick that I'm looking forward to the Big Bash..
Def. caught me eye. Hopefully a sign of the future in terms of stat gathering.

Still don't understand why A. Thomas is A) 50K and B) in the all-rounders.

probably gonna end up picking nev tbh

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I agree on Alfonso, although he might not play with Botha joining the squad, but not valued on the site yet.

Nev isn't a bad shout, I went for a keeper who I think will bat top 4, Nev will probs bat at 6 or so do you think? It's hard to know with injuries/Test selections.

I've already made a couple of changes to the team I picked earlier, Christian is gone.

Spikey

All the keepers are a bit iffy, with Haddin being a bit iffy. eg haddin gets dumped nev and wade are probably out of the bigbash. i had ben dunk at one stage. he's probably a bit safe because both smith and him will play. dunk taking the gloves probably.

I think Nev has a chance to open. But the Sixers top 3 is really up in the air so it's had to say

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
My current Foxsports XI. Players in bold may change before Friday, anyone expect Alfonso Thomas to play?

Chris Gayle
Aaron Finch (c)
Michael Klinger
Callum Ferguson
Alfonso Thomas
James Faulkner
Ben Dunk
Xavier Doherty
Clint McKay
Michael Beer
Nathan Rimmington

Micheal Lumb