• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast bowlers' favorite fast bowlers

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see I mentioned 'current batch' in my OP. Should've said 'this generation' or something.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Why don't the cheats count? And the bunch of hopefuls aren't even through their respective careers yet. Bit early to judge. Also in this era where batting is supposedly a lot easier wouldn't averaging <30 be pretty good?
If they can't play I'm not sure how they can be counted.

They're not being prejudged, but whats the point of including them in this illustrious group of bowlers that you've put together when they aren't through their careers?

Just because there aren't many good bowlers around doesn't mean that the standards defining their level of success should be lowered (Or in this case, raised). Only Steyn of this current generation has the potential to be considered a great. In my books he's always there mind you.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why don't the cheats count? And the bunch of hopefuls aren't even through their respective careers yet. Bit early to judge. Also in this era where batting is supposedly a lot easier wouldn't averaging <30 be pretty good?
It's at least in part a batting dominated era because of the standard of bowling.

Question for everyone. If Dizzy Gillespie came along now, I reckon he'd be considered the best bowler in the world, or close to it. Thoughts?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It's at least in part a batting dominated era because of the standard of bowling.

Question for everyone. If Dizzy Gillespie came along now, I reckon he'd be considered the best bowler in the world, or close to it. Thoughts?
Second best for Dizzy. Steyn would still be better.

abmk

State 12th Man

second best, just behind Steyn and ahead of Zaheer/Anderson ..

Howe_zat

Audio File
High ceilings=players with the skillsets to succeed.

And I never said talent doesn't exist you ****s.:@
Arbitrary thought. Why and when did "skillsets" replce "skills"?

Presumably a "skillset" is a set of multiple skills, so why do you need "sets", plural, rather than just a set?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Arbitrary thought. Why and when did "skillsets" replce "skills"?

Presumably a "skillset" is a set of multiple skills, so why do you need "sets", plural, rather than just a set?
He's been listening to too many Australian press conferences. The whole reason they're no good anymore is down to not executing their skillsets.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
because they lost their credibility when they cheated. there is a huge asterisk now when talking about amir* or asif* and that makes all the difference.

*: they cheated

edit: and the period is easy to bat in because of the bowling. when batting averages started to rise in the 00s it wasn't because all of a sudden the pitches got absolutely flat or that all of a sudden batsman became amazing, it's because ATG bowlers retired en masse. U see a whole bunch of batsmen who's averages went up with like 1 or 2 exceptions. (tendulkar comes to mind as someone who got worse).

Last edited: