• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick one cricketer....

Flem274*

123/5
...who sums up your/a cricketing nation.

India-Virender Sehwag

A master of batting against spin bowling, and can bowl some decent spin himself when he gets thrown the ball. Spinners go to India to die, and no one in recent times can murder an offspinner like Sehwag can. Like many of his fellow countrymen, he can be found out on seam friendly pitches, but good luck to you if you have the misfortune to be bowling to him on his home turf.

New Zealand-Mathew Sinclair

Almost, but not quite, is a good summary of Mathew Sinclair and New Zealand. Skippy is a gifted player who on his day is unstoppable, but unfortunately those days have been few and usually one of his many flaws has seen him fall short of what he could have been. His footwork can be lacking and his confidence can vanish instantaneously if he finds himself outside his comfort zone.

Australia-Allan Border

Three words sum up Allan Border and Australian Cricket: Run. At. Me.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Probably Ian Bell for England. Finally coming good after years of potential. James Anderson would be another.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan - Salim Malik or Salman Butt :ph34r:

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Ruckus

International Captain
Probably Ian Bell for England. Finally coming good after years of potential. James Anderson would be another.
James Anderson is perfect for England imo - initially quite mentally fragile, yet the potential was always there. Then finally gathering mental strength, and with it the potential being reached.

For Australia in recent times, it has to be someone like Siddle...runs in hard etc., makes a fair few stupid decisions, but ends up performing ok - yet at the end of the day the level of talent there just isn't enough to ensure greater success...a bit of potential lying under the surface, perhaps, but it will take the right management decisions to bring it out.

Last edited:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
sehwag: what, me worry?

kallis: what, me?

watto: what?

butt: not me.

pietersen: me.

sreesanth: *wat, me.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Finally coming good after years of potential. James Anderson would be another.
James Anderson is perfect for England imo - initially quite mentally fragile, yet the potential was always there. Then finally gathering mental strength, and with it the potential being reached.
Would agree with all of that, and note:

Still being very unreliable in one-day cricket.
A knack of pissing off other countries' fans.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
First name that came to mind for NZ was Chris Harris.

Nothing to write home about in the Test arena, but a very good and underrated ODI outfit/player. Neither great with bat or ball but capable at both on any given day. Very committed in the field, always.

Flem274*

123/5
First name that came to mind for NZ was Chris Harris.

Nothing to write home about in the Test arena, but a very good and underrated ODI outfit/player. Neither great with bat or ball but capable at both on any given day. Very committed in the field, always.
Congratulations, you have just managed to fit every NZ cliche drawn from the 1970s into one post, with the possible exception of team spirit.

:p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Congratulations, you have just managed to fit every NZ cliche drawn from the 1970s into one post, with the possible exception of team spirit.

:p

Oh I forgot ugly too.

Apart from my girlfriend, she's alright.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistan - Shoaib Akhtar

Always causing drama and controversy, but had incredible talent and could blow away any team in the world. However he failed to live up to his potential through his own faults and the PCB's faults.

Sums up Pakistan perfectly. :laugh: