• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why so much Munaf hate here? :P

Give India's resources, he's an okay third seamer. Can't field or bat, but does a decent job at holding up an end. Gets nice bounce which will be useful in Australia. And has been one of our best ODI bowlers for quite a while.
Because he trundles in and bowls rubbish, his attitude is terrible and I reckon a cardboard cut out would move quicker in the field than he does. Dire player.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, agree to disagree. I for one don't feel, given India's lack of resources, that it's worth risking injury to any of the key players for an unimportant series. Better of getting some match practice in for the rubbish reserves.

We do have 2 warmups in Australia yea? Or am I imagining that? 2 warmups should be fine for experienced guys like VVS, Sachin, Dravid, Gambhir. Ishant could use more match practice but his ankle is supposedly in a bad state, and he's vital to our tour. And MSD is in pretty good (ODI) form as it is.
I agree in case of Dhoni. He could have been given a break after playing nonstop cricket.
But a test match should not be used as a practice ground to test the reserves. That is the purpose the 2 warmup matches can serve. Test the best of the reserves alongside the seniors in the warmups and take the best out of them in the 1-2 spots left vacant.

Ishant postponing his operation till the end of Aus tour is always a risky proposition. A Zaheer like situation in the first test should not happen again. The WI series could well be a good one to look at how he goes. Chuck him if he is not fit. A fully fit Aaron/Yadav/Vinay is better than a half fit Ishant.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't understand so much hate for various players who haven't even had a chance in a test match yet. If it was all aimed at a constant flop like Yuvraj I could understand it.

Surely dropping guys like Sreesanth and Harbhajan has to be a good thing as they have underperformed for a long time, give their replacements a chance before dismissing them as muppets.

Last edited:

Daemon

Can't understand so much hate for various players who haven't even had a chance in a test match yet. If it was all aimed at a constant flop like Yuvraj I could understand it.

Surely dropping guys like Sreesanth and Harbhajan has to be a good thing as they have underperformed for a long time, give their replacements a chance before dismissing them as muppets.
True. The only problem I have is with Aaron and Rahul Sharma, who both average above 40 in FC cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

International cricket isn't the only cricket that exists though. Picking someone with a legitimately crap First Class record is a stupid in the vast majority of circumstances. Sreesanth's been better at Test level than Aaron has been at Ranji Trophy level.

flibbertyjibber

Fair enough the new guys records might not be great but Fletcher plucked Trescothick and Vaughan from obscurity and they proved they were more than up to international cricket. Maybe he has seen something in these guys he thinks he can work with and ehlp improve them.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Be interesting to see how Ashwin goes in Test cricket, not convinced that he has enough work on his stock ball to be a consistent threat. Mishra's bowling looked all over the joint in England, got no drop whatsoever, I think it's fair enough to look elsewhere.

Flem274*

123/5
Meh, agree to disagree. I for one don't feel, given India's lack of resources, that it's worth risking injury to any of the key players for an unimportant series. Better of getting some match practice in for the rubbish reserves.

We do have 2 warmups in Australia yea? Or am I imagining that? 2 warmups should be fine for experienced guys like VVS, Sachin, Dravid, Gambhir. Ishant could use more match practice but his ankle is supposedly in a bad state, and he's vital to our tour. And MSD is in pretty good (ODI) form as it is.
With that attitude India will lose this series and lose it hard.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
tendulkar and co. are coming off a long layoff and injuries. i can see the windies, after getting some good spin playing practice in bangladesh, catching them cold.

flibbertyjibber

tendulkar and co. are coming off a long layoff and injuries. i can see the windies, after getting some good spin playing practice in bangladesh, catching them cold.
Can't see it myself. Unless Edwards or Roach rip through them the Windies will struggle to get 20 wickets. They are capable but so hit and miss you wouldn't rely on it happening. Think Bishoo will struggle on this tour.